CM7 DSP Manager

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by cpetku, Feb 4, 2011.

1. cpetku

cpetku New Member

As a long time satisfied CM6 user I would prefer to stay with CM and derivatives while evaluating GB. However I've been having lots of problems with DSP manager crashing. I Wipe D&C & Dalvic before flashing and in all but one case I get FC's on DSP manager. The exception was the third time I installed one of Jeff's ROMs.

Is this just my device (doubtful since CM6 is very stable) or is there a known problem with DSP manager that's not listed?

Hopefully one day GB will become stable enough to compete against CM6. So far none of the GB's (CM and others) have made it past 4 hours on my phone due to GPS, Battery or 3G limitations.
  2. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

C,

Yes, dsp is borked on CM7 at least. I did post a zip file to an older version of the manager if you want to try it. It is in the large nightly thread, on the current page or one back or so.

Not sure how long you have followed DSP, but it was abandoned as an apk by the developer some time ago, and left as open source for those wishing to have a go at it. Right now the CM team has been tackling far larger issues and perhaps at some point CVPCS will fiddle with it. Right now it is priorities for him. But given that it appears to be locked into CM as a global thing, my guess is it will get worked on. This is at least for the D1. As I mentioned in the larger thread, I have been very happy with Poweramp as a replacement music apk. It has a very nice equalizer, but it is not free.

My thinking was that as much as I use my phone for music, and given the historical lack of effort towards a decent equalizer, a few bucks was very reasonable for me. I am not sure why the equalizer has been such a sore spot for the D1, but I can see from your join date that you (like me) probably have been pretty frustrated by all of this since inception.

Craig
  3. pdroid

pdroid New Member

The nice thing about DSP manager is that it set equalizer settings for any music app. I use Subsonic so Poweramp is really not a viable replacement.
  4. cpetku

cpetku New Member

My confusion is if it's broken in CM7 shouldn't there be a way to disable it so that it won't autostart and FC severall tmes?

Also running into issues with the startup screen sayig touch the Android, but it does not advance to the next screen evn though the android obviously highlights when touched. This happens on several GB builds after installing the GAPPS.

My foray into GB was caused by a friend buying a new phone and I wanted to upgrade to the newer GUI/Framework. So far, my most compelling reason to upgrade is for advanced cut/paste/correction features. Hopefully this stabilizes in the next month to allow adoption of CM7.

The D1 has served me well as an early adopter/rooter. It's amazing how well OHA based products have caught on and the number of devs that have come out of the woodwork as a result of this open platform.
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
  5. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

P,

I'll check out subsonic. Thanks. Not sure if it is a standalone equalizer or full music program, but I have been looking for reasons to play with the new pc market app;)

C,

What I have been doing is using my root explorer to delete the app. I do this right away. If you would rather not delete it, you can always rename it, or you can use Titanium to freeze I think. It is in system, so not 100% on the freeze, but a rename or delete will work. If you delete, be sure to delete (or clear) the /data/data for it. Seeing as the fix for it will surely have to be in the app as provided in a nightly or RC entire rom, probably not a lot of reason to not delete.

I agree on your observations about development. I am not one of those types that is always installing roms and themes just for cosmetics, but these major bumps to the underlying OS are always worth a look. GB has major changes to the memory management and apparently battery life (plus much more) so I feel it is worth the effort to upgrade if possible.

Craig
  6. prime

prime Kernel Developer Premium Member Developer

It is worth the effort, although for Droid the development is slow. I mean I have been trying to get the modules (for the wrong kernel I may add) removed from /system/lib/modules since CM6....there still there in CM7 right now.
  7. pdroid

pdroid New Member

Bear - Subsonic is a music app that allows you to stream music from a PC to your Droid.
  8. bamaredwingsfan

bamaredwingsfan New Member

I hope if they fix this for GB, they add the option to make the bluetooth earpiece settings simple. I think that just a bass an treble slider for bluetooth would be great. I mean, do you really need 5 bands for just telephone talk?
  9. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

P,

Thanks, I did take a look at it, and it was more program than I need, and I do not really need to stream to my phone. I am pretty simple in my music needs, as long as I can get some equalization:)

Craig
  10. pdroid

pdroid New Member

That's what I figured. :)
  11. TexasRules777

TexasRules777 New Member

Came here just to +1 the dsp manager problem...i use audiogalaxy/mog/pandora and power amp but have to stay with froyo now due to no functional dsp manager..bummer..but without that all around equalizer function i'm just not ready for gb. It's a big part of these custom roms (at least for some of us) and i hope someone with more knowledge then me can figure it out :)
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
Search tags for this page

cm7 dsp

cm7 equalizer

cm7 how to remove dsp effect

cyanogenmod disable dsp manager

cyanogenmod dsp manager crash
cyanogenmod remove dsp manager
dsp equalizer cm7
dsp manager apk cm7

dsp manager cm7

dsp manager for cm7