[ROM] **CM7 Build Thread**

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by winner00, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Malithorne

Malithorne New Member

So being an original Droid holder and lover of CM7/GB, what would you recommended? Patience or a roll back to CM6?
    On a side note, aside from the noted/known issues regarding menu button lights, accelerometer, and 3g drop, I have noticed several apps' widgets are not available to use. Removal and reinstall does not seem to help. PowerAMP is one such case. Any suggestions anyone? (D1/CM7#B11).

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  2. UNC

UNC New Member

I can't tell you how important the accelerometer is to you, or how bad the 3g drop is to you.

But, about the widgets, are their corresponding apps installed to the SDcard? Apps on SD cannot have widgets.

Just fyi, I plan on sticking with CM7. It'll already usable, and they will work out the kinks. CVPCS is on board, it'll definitely get done.

3. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Give,

of this I am painfully aware. I say painfully as I think you and I are in agreement that we will likely see no "official" GB love from the powers to be. I think the ace-in-the-hole, so to speak is that CVPCS has been (or at least in the beginning) working closely with Koush and the entire CM development group. While I do not completely understand the inner workings of the entire CM efforts across all phone platforms, me thinks this is our best hope at getting GB at this time. That is a pretty large resource pool.

But then what do I know. For all I know, Moto/VZW/Google could push GB to the Milestone, then we will be golden:)

Craig
  4. 52brandon

52brandon New Member

I believe compcache works on sapphire. It provided slight differences in speed and would bog down after a while and need a reboot last time I used it. I'm happy running 1.1ghz without compcache
  5. Malithorne

Malithorne New Member

UNC,
    Thanks. Accelerometer is no show stopper for now. I will wait patiently and hopeful while I bask in the GB glory. Good tip on the SD apps. I hadn't thought about that one. One problem fixed already.
    CM team rocks!

6. pdroid

pdroid New Member

This is a great point. While most of the OS was just brought in from AOSP and compiled, there were proprietary files in every leaked Froyo build from Moto that were used, and there was no other way to get them. If (and I suspect this is the case) there is to be no update to Gingerbread for the Droid, this could prove very problematic.
  7. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Brandon,

Your results seem to be consistent with some folks who have gone the compcache route in 6.1.2 with Prime's fix. I have been using it for a long time now with only the lowest 18% setting, and to be honest I cannot say for certain it helps. It certainly is not hurting, as my phone never becomes sluggish. Although I do tend to reboot every couple of days at least, and I do clean my cache periodically. I think perhaps some of the need for it, screen redraws etc. from the early days have been resolved at the ap level (Launcher pro, ADW etc.), I still like having the option. But, as I posted earlier, I would expect it to be a very low priority. My guess is the accelerometer is pretty high on the priority list right now:)

Craig
  8. PikaCane

PikaCane New Member

Running 8 at the moment, Swype refused to install back on 3 and I haven't tried since. Thankfully the Gingerbread keyboard is much friendlier! I have had a lot more lag and more redraws the last couple of builds, and the home button is very temperamental, although that seems to have improved slightly. The home screen lag is killing me, though. I have taken off all my widgets and I'm down to half a single page of shortcuts, and I still have five or ten seconds' lag almost every time. Did a full wipe for this one and going to try it again.

9. GeLopez

GeLopez New Member

I took off awd launcher and started using zeam. Man what a difference! Redraws are gone and feels faster.
  10. Ozzie

Ozzie Member

I did too and it did help. Now I see an update just came out for adw ex that is supposed to be gb friendly...we'll see.

I've come to realize this rom doesn't like my restores much...Start from scratch and it likes things better.
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  11. afallucco

afallucco New Member

Anyone elses handcent not notifying them of new messages, this is driving me nuts... and slowly becoming a dealbreaker.
  12. gambit07

gambit07 New Member

I did notice that, make sure notifications are turned on in settings, mine were turned off for some reason when I switched to GB.

Yeah it's worked better for me so far..
  13. winner00

winner00 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Looks like the Galaxy S power widget from sapphire is in review for CM7!
  14. dpaine88

dpaine88 New Member

Man, battery life is AMAZING.

30% battery 24 hours of on-time
  15. heleos

heleos New Member

yay ^_^

also, build 12 is out, just flashed
  16. Ozzie

Ozzie Member

...me too...I didn't wipe though. I had a very clean minimal install and fully backed up.
  17. gambit07

gambit07 New Member

Any noticeable fixes?
  18. winner00

winner00 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Mostly just random translations, visual improvement to music player, and a few calender fixes.
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  19. Ozzie

Ozzie Member

...don't know how the stock adw is doing, but adw ex even with the gb update (supposedly) keeps losing settings. Going with Zeam again for a bit to see how it goes...and so far it's great.
    I know it lacks features, but...
  20. keyblade

keyblade New Member

Yeah, on Nightly #12 and things look good. ADW EX force closes for me a ton, Launcher Pro Plus is working smoothly.
Search tags for this page

allow purging of assets

apk jr pacman rom
cm7 built in compass
cm7 language pack
cm7 mms download unsuccessful

cm7 pacman.apk

cyanogenmod pacman apk
cyanogenmod pacman.apk
galaxy dx 393 set up

pacman.apk cm7

pacman.apk cyanogenmod