[ROM] **CM7 Build Thread**

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by winner00, Jan 20, 2011.

1. phonetool

phonetool Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for everything Winner!

- onDroid

2. googlelover

googlelover Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I really hope I can get the Nexus (damn no money problem..) so I hope to see you guys on the Nexus side, but I dont know how I will make it happen... I will miss you OG droid, you are now at the final stages of life...

3. kevdog

kevdog Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Totally joining you on that one!!! Yea a new phone!!! Long live the OG Droid -- only in my desk drawer now!!!

4. donhwyo

donhwyo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for all your support winner. Will you be passing on your knowledge? Will anybody step up to the plate to take it?

Some of us will hold out for many reasons and would still like some support at least until cm 7 final if there ever is one. By the time we get 4g in Wyoming there will probably be 5g available so my og may have to survive a bit longer. And by then a gnex will be 29.95 on ebay.

If no one else steps forward I might consider trying to learn how to do builds. I would buy you a burger at Billy burgers next time you are in town.

Thanks,
    Don

5. AlphaMack

AlphaMack Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I guess I'll chime in this thread for a final time as I finally have satisfactory CM7 performance.

First, do look into downloading Swapper2 and setting up a swap PARTITION. First make sure to back up your SD card to your PC, format your SD card, then use ROM Manager to partition your SD card into SD-ext and swap space. I currently use 512 MB for ext3 and 64 MB for swap (previously had 128 but it was overkill). Move your SD card contents on the PC back to your main (FAT32) partition. Go into Swapper2 and set your swappiness to 10 as a starting point. I currently have it set to 15. From a lot of reading I have done 10 is optimal but no more than 20.

As for your SD-ext partition, look into using Link2SD and moving non-critical apps over to the ext3 partition. Move any apps on SD to internal THEN create the links. If your internal memory runs out while doing this simply do a quick reboot from Link2SD to regain the lost space.

Lastly, strongly consider Prime's deprimed kernel. I use #19 as #20 uses BFS (and thus high Android OS usage) and the latest test causes a lot of lagging (for me at least). Take a look at this thread:

Prime's Deprimed Test Kernel: How to - CyanogenMod Forum

I use the same 20overclock config as the OP with satisfactory results:

1100 MHz, 68
    1000 MHz, 60
    850 MHz, 58
    700 MHz, 44
    550 MHz, 40
    400 MHz, 32
    250 MHz, 28

(Standard disclaimer: Don't attempt unless you know what you're doing...you'll bootloop if you screw up.)

I use the bumblebee governor for all except my failsafe profiles (conservative) and screen off is set to 550/250 as consistent with how bumblebee behaves. See the OP's own profiles for an idea.

If you look in Prime's thread, you'll find the link to #19 if you look hard enough (as deprimed_previous.zip). If you feel that #20 or the latest test works well then by all means go for it. Again, my D1 works best with #19 but it may not be the same for you.

Other performance settings:

- No compcache. It's nothing but a headache.
    - JIT disabled. (Adds some memory back.)
    - Surface dithering disabled.
    - 16 Bit Transparency checked.
    - Purging of assets checked.
    - Lock home in memory disabled. (I use V6 Supercharger)
    - VM Heap Size 40m (though I have it set to 32m in the settings). See this thread:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/cyanogenmod/153483-my-optimized-build-prop.html

H
    ope this post helps.

6. The Race To Die

The Race To Die Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for all you've done winner! Got my nexus this morning and it's a beautiful thing. Farewell og droid.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

7. meishkov

meishkov Member

Ratings:
    +2
    man, so the OG is completely retired looks like. It has been an incredible ride I must say. Now I have to debate whether to get the Nexus, the Razr, or wait a month or 2 and see what comes out, and like they said earlier with CES coming in January, who knows what'll be out soon thereafter. Decisions decisions...

8. Ozzie

Ozzie Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I'd love to upgrade too, but my current situation won't allow it...been out of work recovering from a shoulder injury.
    As soon as I land on my feet again I'll take another look at what is happening, but until then I am pretty much stuck with market updates...

I definitely appreciate your efforts winner...this has made things way more interesting than otherwise...hope to see you on the other side...

9. meishkov

meishkov Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Does anybody know if winner's 253 is the last build he was referring to when he said he was releasing one last time?

Sent from my OG using DroidForums

10. jdawg334

jdawg334 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Winner posted the newest build on the 10th and posted saying one more release on the 14th so I would guess he meant one more after the one currently up.

11. meishkov

meishkov Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Yea I'm on build 230 but it doesn't have notification sounds but I heard 253 doesn't have torch functioning. I'm hoping he releases a new one that has both working so I can just stick with that for the remainder of this og's life

Sent from my OG using DroidForums

12. Fuchueson

Fuchueson Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 4
    Twitter:
    mc_morris
    I think I am just going to do away with torch all together. For a while I used it all the time and not having it function in months I don't miss it lol. Now to try to get 253 to work for me one last time...I need something more stable.

Search tags for this page

allow purging of assets

cm7 language pack
cm7 mms download unsuccessful

cm7 pacman.apk

cm7 pakman.apk
cyanogenmod pacman apk
cyanogenmod pacman.apk
galaxy dx 393 set up

pacman.apk cyanogenmod

what is pacman.apk cm7