[ROM] **CM7 Build Thread**

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by winner00, Jan 20, 2011.

1. prime

prime Kernel Developer
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +74
    Well being zep's scripts attempt to keep wanted applications in memory I wouldn't set the heap so high, purging assets may also cause his scripts to behave improperly. I have not tried his work but understand he is attempting to manipulate an apps life by assigning various OOM values to increase/decrease the likelihood of an app closing because of limited system memory.

2. sandfreak

sandfreak Member

Ratings:
    +0
    108 used, 30 free. I definitely have a lot of stuff running. I'd like to scale it back a bit. Is there a way to choose which apps will continue to run while killing others? I have some apps that I rarely use just hogging memory while my widgets keep trying to restart.

Also is there a way to lock particular apps in memory? Gotta be an app for that right? I thought tasker had the ability to do it but I've had no luck figuring out how to do it.

Edit: I know they're frowned upon but maybe a task killer would help keep my clock widget from freezing - thoughts?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

#5114 sandfreak, Sep 7, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  3. googlelover

googlelover Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I don't know for the current CM build, but Chevys Rom has settings that let you stick 5 custom apps locked in memory so it can, and already is being done, as for your problem I don't know, I've never had a widget freeze on me before but I don't think a task manager would help, it would probably be better to just remove the apps that are taking a lot of memory up and finding a replacement for them if you could.

4. jengas kahn

jengas kahn Member

Ratings:
    +1
    http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?4561-android.git.kernel.org-is-down

Was kind of amazed not much has been said about android.git.kernel.org being down, or the nightlies stopping. There's a little bit of info here... A statement from someone at google (supposedly) and maybe some ways to builds without source. I'm not really sure because i'm not a dev. Hope that helps.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

5. lfylove

lfylove Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Waiting for some 2.3.6 I can put on my og droid

6. phonetool

phonetool Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm thinking about going back a few steps.

- onDroid

7. lfylove

lfylove Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I hate the broken stuff but ill nvr be able to live out with an ss in power button. Tht is my favorite

8. dwoid

dwoid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Regarding the camera not working, there is an easy fix.

This seems to work on most Gingerbread builds I've seen so far (with both of my Droid1s):

First, make sure you have near a minumum of 40MB of free RAM after booting is complete.

Then make sure your kernel has enough power for the camera -- most of the ultra low voltage kernels or kernel settings are too low for the camera.

Then, go into Manage applications, stop both the camera and gallery apps, and then clear their data.

Then reboot.

(Running CM7.0.3 Stable, Chevy #53111 7-1.25GHz-LV kernel, SetCPU, Go Launcher, Compcache off, JIT on, Dithering off, Purging on, Lock Home and Messaging on, VM heap 24m [default], and *no live wallpapers*.)

#5120 dwoid, Sep 15, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  9. drumst1x

drumst1x Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Strange mini-reboots

hey guys ... i'm sure this post will be lacking in any type of helpful information, but hoping someone could at least point me in the right direction.

Recently (last few days to a week) I've been getting LOTS of what I call "mini-reboots". It's not going all the way back to the "M" logo, but just the CM7 spinning circle, but it's only there for maybe 5 seconds (whereas a normal full reboot would take anywhere from 30 seconds to a minute, with the CM7 spin being most of that and about 10 seconds of the "M"). Clearly my phone isn't TOTALLY rebooting, but it's doing SOMETHING. I haven't installed anything new, nor changed any settings, so i'm not sure what could be causing this. Is there a log file somewhere that would help me? I have read a bit about "logcat", but not really sure what to do with it. I'm comfortable in shell, so i can follow comands. Just never needed to look at logs before. I've been mostly running smooth until this point. The usual annoying lags and delays and "Wait/force close" menus, but nothing too crazy. This is driving me NUTSO! And i keep checking here hoping for a new release, but apparently git is still down ... argh!

Please help and don't bash me too hard :) Many thanks all.

10. prime

prime Kernel Developer
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +74
    Your device is doing what I call softbooting, the likely culprit is the system process is running into an OOM situation causing the entire android ui to die and respawn.

I would need to see your syslog but I'm sure the issue I described is the cause. What to do about it is set the VM heap to 32M in cyanogen performance settings and reboot.

11. jerroedr

jerroedr Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So cvcps got a bionic... i dont think there is anyone left developing the og anymore.... at least on cm. And like every other rom is cm based.... sad face

12. mightybrick

mightybrick Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Ya, I'm just trying to hang on patiently these last few months with my OG until the Prime comes out. It's tough. The old boy is slowing down.

Search tags for this page

allow purging of assets

cm7 language pack
cm7 mms download unsuccessful

cm7 pacman.apk

cm7 pakman.apk
cyanogenmod pacman apk
cyanogenmod pacman.apk
galaxy dx 393 set up

pacman.apk cyanogenmod

what is pacman.apk cm7