[ROM] **CM7 Build Thread**

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by winner00, Jan 20, 2011.

1. winner00

winner00 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +10
    Ok its uploaded but I couldn't get the am/pm thing to merge. I figured the carrier removing thing is more important. Check the changelog for other changes.

2. drumst1x

drumst1x Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Of course anything you do for us is appreciated :) Grabbing now. I might even be the first one to try it! Hope i can kick these stupid boot loops i was facing...

3. jaycemiskel

jaycemiskel Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Release Candidates are just nightlies but they're basically a snapshot. They probably just fixed a bug or something.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

4. jaycemiskel

Ratings:
    +2
    Does anyone else here using Tapatalk have a problem with it stalling while scrolling inside of a thread? It's really starting to bother me lol.

5. drumst1x

drumst1x Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Got it installed no problem. Using Deprimed with it. No bootloops or anything. Very happy. Now to see how memory/battery behave.

Thanks Winner!

And as for RC, just doesn't make sense..... nightlies are snapshots too, no? They build every night.... Does the RC build get built by someone else than the nightlies are built? Just seems weird .... Granted, i've never done dev of this type before, so maybe that's just how it is, but to me it would seem that an RC (Release Candidate) would somehow have more/most functionality ready, as opposed to just some random additional nightly that they decide "Hey, guys, how about tonight instead of releasing Nightly Build 33, we release RC 4? All in favor? Aye" who's with me on that? :)

6. jaycemiskel

Ratings:
    +2
    I think it was said that the individual maintainers have to compile the RCs instead of the build bot or something like that. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Also, I think they said that it also gives themers and people who make kernels a chance to support the rom because most don't support nightlies.

7. drumst1x

drumst1x Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ahhh ok, then that makes sense to me. Still doesn't make much sense that RC3 to RC4 would happen 3 days in between, but hey, what do I know? I'm just happy we're making progress. Overall, i'm very happy with the status and have been using it for weeks without (too many) issues. 3G issues aren't too bad for me, as usually it comes back fine (though sometimes i have to cycle airplane mode, which always fixes it for me) and i have not yet had a need to zoom video while recording video.

8. bgener

bgener New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    so I used this guys CWM zip [Script][CWM] SD Card reading speed fix - xda-developers and it really helps to speed up the sd card. Read anyways fo sho. Any way you could work this into your build cause I think everyone would find it useful. Plus then I would not have to flash it every time after a nightly, and then have to flash the deprimed kernel. Come to think of it is there any way to to flash a whole folder so I could do multiple zips at once.

9. DarkZombie

DarkZombie New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What is the latest version with Russian language included?

10. mjones73

mjones73 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just boot into recovery manually and install them in order then reboot. I believe with Rom Manager you can build a queue and have it install them sequentially.

To save yourself some flashing, it looks like all that fix does is copy a file to /system/etc/init.d. Save a copy of it on your sd card and just put it back after you flash a new rom using either the command line or something like root explorer. You can even run it via the command line to load it without a reboot. What number did you find worked best with the D1 by the way?

#3562 mjones73, Mar 30, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  11. litso

litso Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The difference is, in fact, that an RC is built by the maintainer (CVPCS for the OG Droid) and not the buildbot. Nightlies get built automatically pretty much regardless of whether there are any changes. RC's are built by the maintainer when they deem the ROM stable enough for mass consumption. The fact that RC4 dropped so soon after RC3 is probably due to some significant bug or feature being fixed/implemented in that time frame.

I think it was actually bumped to RC4 because of this merge, which is a fix for this bug.

12. dfuser312553

dfuser312553 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    RC4? I didn't think we even had 3 yet.

Search tags for this page

allow purging of assets

cm7 language pack
cm7 mms download unsuccessful

cm7 pacman.apk

cm7 pakman.apk
cyanogenmod pacman apk