[ROM] **CM7 Build Thread**

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by winner00, Jan 20, 2011.

1. BoddhiC

BoddhiC Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I also had the problem with reboots within a few seconds after getting to the lock screen. It appears to something wonky with the kernel. If you have another kernel install zip (prime, rzr, peter alfonso) on your sd card, flash it and reboot? Should work now. If need be you can download one on your computer, enable USB storage in cm recovery, transfer file via USB and then flash it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

#3409 BoddhiC, Mar 24, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  2. litso

litso Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can confirm this. I had the boot loop after lockscreen. Rebooted recovery and flashed de-primed and gapps and the problem is fixed. I think something changed with the kernel in 29.

3. drumst1x

drumst1x Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Really glad to hear that you've finally gotten this sorted out. Been wondering for a while why you were seemingly the only one still having these issues. I definitely had them a little bit early on, but the last few weeks haven't had any of those issues.

Side note: with the checkbox for "lock messaging app in memory", does this only work for the stock messaging app, or does it work for your default messaging app? Reason I ask, is I use Handcent for my texts, so I definitely do NOT want to lock the Android Messaging app in memory, but might like to lock Handcent in memory .... No idea how i'd even check what this does, which is why I'm asking here. THanks :)

4. sbenson

sbenson Silver Member

Ratings:
    +61

I too use Handcent as my messaging app and was wondering this. I wonder if we could change its oom like what was suggested for the bulletproof launcher? Of course, if CM does this for you with your default messaging app as opposed to the native messaging app, that would be great. Can anyone confirm this?

Edit: I did some testing and anytime I checked "lock messaging app in memory" AMM would show native messaging with an oom of 0. Unchecked and I couldn't even get messaging to show up. I assume this means it has no effect on Handcent unfortunately.

5. The Race To Die

The Race To Die Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    im pretty sure handcent and any other program like that just pull info from the stock messaging app

6. mikemullin6

mikemullin6 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Winner 29 problem

I've not had any problems with boot looping with earlier builds but, with Winner's build 29, it went into continuous boot looping. Pulled battery and re-booted - same problem. Flashed deprimed build 13 and problem went away.

Not absolute proof but it sure indicates there is a kernel malfunction in build 29

7. zachdroid

zachdroid Member

Ratings:
    +2

I had something similar to this going on. Once i went into setting>applications>running services and shut down everything I wasn't using or didn't want running it freed up quite a bit of ram and that could be causing the issue. Lower memory situations I've noticed have caused this issue for me. Since I started killing off unneeded processes I haven't missed a message yet. Hope this helps.

8. zachdroid

zachdroid Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I'm currently on build 29 and I have been having the most difficult time downloading anything. From an app on the market to winner's newest build that i am interested in checking out. Anything I can do to help this process get better?

9. swikk

swikk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This may be a stupid question but I use alarm clock extreme, and it no longer goes off in the mornings.... Iva checked profiles, settings etc... it goes off if I set set it to go in a few minutes it works, it seems to have trouble waking up...like me

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

10. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I have posted a link to this thread before for interesting details on locking things in memory, and the thread has gotten better:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/cyanogenmod/131777-droid-1-slowing-almost-halt-any-help-3.html

There are a couple of new links to XDA and another Milestone website where steps are provided to find and lock other things in memory besides messaging and launcher. I have not had a chance to try these out yet, but it looks entirely possible to set the OOM values manually (and at boot) for other processes. No one step/click solutions, but there appear to be some answers if you are willing to take the time.

Craig

11. danthegeek

danthegeek New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Winners build 29 kernel wasn't working for me either. Got reboots when using wifi. Otherwise, working good.

Thanks for taking to time to build these for us.
    -Dan

12. illmatic636

illmatic636 Active Member

Ratings:
    +2

Just want to confirm I too have the reboot when using wifi on Winners Build 29. I'm going to change the kernel to see the result.

Changing kernels did not help. Nandroid time.

#3420 illmatic636, Mar 24, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
Search tags for this page

allow purging of assets

cm7 language pack
cm7 mms download unsuccessful

cm7 pacman.apk

cm7 pakman.apk
cyanogenmod pacman apk
cyanogenmod pacman.apk
galaxy dx 393 set up

pacman.apk cyanogenmod