[ROM] **CM7 Build Thread**

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by winner00, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Foxnutz

Foxnutz New Member

I have been running the latest build for 5 days now and it runs great! I haven't had any FCs while using maps or the browser. take a Look at your free memory every once in awhile, I usually see numbers between 50-70MB which is pretty wild for my little old og Droid. the only issue I have encountered is that torch business I mentioned. can't thank you enough Winner! it's great having something fresh on my droid again.
  2. meishkov

meishkov New Member

About 90+ apps or so. I usually always force them all to the SD, even the ones That Don't allow by default. Changing the setting in cm settings changes that but I'm gonna try moving only the ones that naturally allow it after I flush n flash n see how that goes?

Sent from my OG using DroidForums
  3. phonetool

phonetool New Member

I use a tiny app called SDMove for help with that. It has limitations, though- it only sees apps if the developer has keyed the move/no move option. (Wunderground app doesn't appear in the SDMove app list, for example, even though the devs say it can go on the card).
    If you want to try it, look for the author: Bitt Faulk

I have as many of my 70+ apps on the SD card as say they want to be. I've never had to move them around after updating the ROM. Of course, that's a simple CM/winner update with only dalvic being wiped.

Do you ever move system apps onto the SD? Or delete them to make space in memory?

- onDroid
  4. meishkov

meishkov New Member

Absolutely, I erase a couple system apks like protips livewallpapers and a few more. The only reason why it takes me some time is I usually sbf back to stock with Pete's frg22d sbf I believe it is. Then I sbf recovery and flash everything after that. Restoring via TiBu I can only do about 1/4 each time cuz I don't wanna run out of space and if I check to force the app to external storage it seems to be hit or miss, like it wont move all of the selected items to be restored, only some. Which is why I Just move them all individually, well in small groups, that I know won't take up all my space once they're restored.

5. phonetool

phonetool New Member

Ok, thanks! I've deleted the tips for my first experiment with system app deleting.

- onDroid
  6. meishkov

meishkov New Member

I remember seeing on the cm7 wiki page, in like building a barebones system or somethin like that and it listed all the system apps that you could uninstall with no worries, then some That might cause issues then some That for sure will cause issues if uninstalled. Found it pretty useful. I can get u the link but googlin mooglin it will bring it up

7. phonetool

phonetool New Member

Cool! Thanks. I'll put that on the reading list!

- onDroid
  8. meishkov

meishkov New Member

No prob. I remember seeing some that weren't listed on that wiki page on some custom ROM thread and it listed some other system apps. I got like 13 MB free in system right now so that should never be a problem anymore. Just getting other tweaks in, that need to be in, is the tricky part for me :)

9. meishkov

meishkov New Member

Wow. Not sure what winner00 did exactly or if its just the recent updated CM source in general, but this beast is flying. Wasn't so much with the stock kernel after awhile, but after flashing prime's kernel it really injected some MLB type steroids into it, probably the same ones as Canseco. But seriously the thing flies, I got my fingers crossed that nothing goes whacko on me, as this is definitely without a doubt the smoothest my OG has ever run.
    Only tweaks I've got are the RAM one from steel Droid thread, some build.prop ones from xda, latest v6 and kernel ass kicker scripts from zeppelinrox, and a 256mb swap partition via swapper2. And that's about it :)

10. jdawg334

jdawg334 Member

11. Durandgir

Durandgir New Member

I'm curious to all these "enhancements" after looking at the changelog I'm not that inclined to try it out, it seems like all the things that have been in the nightlies.
  12. meishkov

meishkov New Member

I've been on winners latest since it came out. Wondering if its worth flashing or not...was gonna try steel Droid but some r having problems. Hear cushzero is worth a shot.

13. Durandgir

Durandgir New Member

I'm honestly really curious about the latest CM build, has anyone tried it? it has a lot of interesting sounding updates that I didn't notice in nightlies. but I'm probably going to try to load it up tonight because I've had lousy luck with roms lately.
  14. phonetool

phonetool New Member

Ooooh, maybe we can convince winner to do his magic on it!
    pleaseohpleaseohplease
    ;)
    - onDroid
  15. BrUhNiGGs

BrUhNiGGs New Member

Are you experiencing some black screen glitches whenever you play a game on PE? Just asking cause I went back to it and its pretty annoying. Makes it harder to play draw something. Might have to go back to CushZero.
  16. Durandgir

Durandgir New Member

I actually was and it was with draw something. I am trying tthe RC1 now cause PE was kind of starting to freak out it kept rebooting and becoming sluggish. I am still waiting on that PE7 update lol

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  17. meishkov

meishkov New Member

I sure hope so. Update looks promising, plus we all know how much the OG benefits from any software tweaks.

18. BrUhNiGGs

BrUhNiGGs New Member

Yeah, Its weird PE was running fine for me before but now its just ugh...its basically the only aosp gingerbread rom that actually has the full gingerbread ui besides GPA but now has problems! Actngrezy came back to the gnex thread and said he is still working on the rom. I asked if he was still working on PE 7 but he never replied. Hope he didn't just drop the project...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  19. Durandgir

Durandgir New Member

I asked him back in novemeber on twitter and he said it was basically done he just wanted to add a few things.but he has also said the same thing countless times on twitter. I hope he finishes it soon I miss his roms like I miss UD

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  20. BrUhNiGGs

BrUhNiGGs New Member

Yeah, I think once he releases the gnex rom he will release PE7. He created his beta for gnex 3 days ago so I'm sure the final release will be soon. And I never really got to use UD since his website is down and I'm not able to use most features of the settings. And its pretty outdated so I'm not going to use it..

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Search tags for this page

allow purging of assets

apk jr pacman rom
cm7 built in compass
cm7 language pack
cm7 mms download unsuccessful

cm7 pacman.apk

cm7 pakman.apk
cyanogenmod pacman apk
cyanogenmod pacman.apk
galaxy dx 393 set up