[ROM] **CM7 Build Thread**

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by winner00, Jan 20, 2011.

1. myriad46

myriad46 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I always do backups as well, but especially with Kernels, if I flash a new one and it bootloops, it's a lot faster to just boot into recovery and flash a kernel I know works, rather than reload a backup at that point. Just a convenience I guess. I'm not a longtime CM user. I guess I was just used to readily having kernels available. Is there a reason they don't publish them?

2. pdroid

pdroid Silver Member

Ratings:
    +7
    It is. Not sure I understand what you're saying.

3. pdroid

pdroid Silver Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Then just flash the CM7 update.zip - I know it's not as fast, but the stock kernel is not available separately. The CM team has never felt the need to extract it and have it available.

4. zachdroid

zachdroid Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I am experiencing a lack of notification LEDs for email, text, missed calls, and the like. Any ideas. They were working prior to the 7.0.2 release, was something changed that seemingly broke them? Any ideas? The LED thing I'm noticing on winner's and on official CM.

On a side note, running winner's build for the first time, #57, super snappy and i love that Prime's kernel is built in. The work you both do is amazing. Thanks for the effort.

5. Schoat333

Schoat333 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not having any issues with LED notifications on 7.0.2.

Are you using a custom theme by chance? I've had issues with themes breaking the LED's in the past.

6. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    On the kernel question, MTWebster did publish a link to the 6.1.2 (the last froyo stable). Perhaps once things settle down and finalize, we can get CVPCS to publish a link.

Craig

7. RW-1

RW-1 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I had replied earleir, saying to flash CM7 then restore from backup, when just restoring the backup would include the old kernal ...

8. pdroid

pdroid Silver Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Yep. No need to do both. Either one by itself would suffice.

9. ktech11

ktech11 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This question might be answered already, and if it is, I am eternally sorry. I am running a Sapphire 2.02 with cvpcs 800mhz kernel. I want to put cyanogenmod7.02 on with a 1ghz kernel, any recommendations? I was thinking of cvpcs kernels from the gem series at 1ghz. Any issues with this?

10. EAK

EAK Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Running winner's 57 now and it's running smooth. One issue so far is the multitasking is not as good now, probably cause of the changes made into internal memory settings. I also noticed the menu is different now then 7.0.2, is this the new ADW changes that got added?
    Also wanted to ask where I should be looking for the current wallpaper that is running on the phone, I lost it or got deleted from the gallery.

11. pdroid

pdroid Silver Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I would try one of prime's kernels - see the kernel thread in this forum.

"Deprimed" overclocks to 900 out of the box, and there are instructions on how to go faster than that with milestone overclock in that thread.

12. Camaros_Kill

Camaros_Kill New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For anyone having 3G issues on recent builds, this may help you. I hadnt had severe 3g issues until 7.0.2, where i had to go in and out of airplane mode after a call almost every time to get 3G back. Before 7.02, it would take ten seconds or so to come back, but it ALWAYS came back. I decided to calibrate my battery by fully charging, deleting batterystats.bin, letting it die completely, and charging it overnight. This morning, after 6 calls, 3G came back within 3 seconds every single time. Not sure if its even related to the battery wipe, but maybe it was letting the phone die? Either way, anyone with 3G problems, take what you can from this.

13. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Those of you looking for that kernel that mtwebster had a link to can find it in my collection linked in my sig. It's called "cm-sholes-6.1-kernel.zip".

14. meishkov

meishkov Member

Ratings:
    +2
    This forum is absolutely beautifuldancedroid
    Quick question regarding the SD card speed hack, it says that it has it, but isn't /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb supposed to read something higher than 128?? Like 2048 for example would be optimal. Just wondering if it's fixed into the system some place else?

Edit: nevermind, looks like a different kernel changed it to 896 or something like that. Good enough for me...though I'll probably go through the /system/etc/init.d folder and look through all those files for something that resembles changing the /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree file.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
  15. 0vermind

0vermind Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's really weird because I'm getting horrible battery life. 4-5 hours max with display on for about an hour or so. Of course I'm using deprimed kernel, but shouldn't his kernel be giving me better battery life?

Search tags for this page
allow purging of assets
cm7 language pack
cm7 mms download unsuccessful
cm7 pacman.apk
cyanogenmod pacman.apk
galaxy dx 393 set up

pacman.apk cm7

pacman.apk cyanogenmod
what is allow purging of assets cm7
what is pacman.apk cm7