[ROM] **CM7 Build Thread**

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by winner00, Jan 20, 2011.

1. winner00

winner00 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +10
    Car home is in the gapps.zip file. You can delete it out of that and then it won't be there anymore. Delete it the apk from the /system first then flash the gapps without it included.

2. winner00

winner00 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +10
    New build is up. Has mostly bug fixes.

3. Ozzie

Ozzie Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Ahhh...good. Does this update do anything with the boot menu?
    I'm getting some new selections that are pretty strange.

4. moset

moset Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Prime, I'm running 17 with your latest primed. Ran OC and prime scripts. It seems smooth without compcache and running cool. Heat is a big issue for me CLN replacement has always run hot. I noticed only 3 governors. I'm running interactive, it seems to keep load averages down and runs cooler. Does that make sense? What should advanced frequency be see to in SETCPU?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

5. tdawg2008

tdawg2008 Member

Ratings:
    +0

Thank you :)

6. zachdroid

zachdroid Member

Ratings:
    +2
    17 smooth with deprime primed =]…i love this stuff

7. brochiller

brochiller New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having a problem toggling my lockscreen using the notification bar power widget. I can turn it off fine, but then I can't turn it back on without rebooting. Anybody know why this might be?

8. moset

moset Member

Ratings:
    +15
    +1 primed! Cool and everything working. Nice!

9. Doc_PT

Doc_PT Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's been a problem for a while now - haven't heard of a fix. I use it alot so it's kind of a pain

10. captdroid

captdroid Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Well I gave CM 7 night builds, CM RC2, and latest CM night build 17 a run with deprimed, and then primed kernels. Been running CM 7 for little while now. While I like aspects of CM 7 the following are deal breakers:

- Losing 3G when receiving a call (sometimes) and losing 3G other times no calls received. Toggling airplane mode and back sometimes right away or eventually gets 3G back.

- Poor battery life compared to CM 6.1.2 when configured with stock kernel and Primes Overclock module mod with custom slots and low voltage settings.

- Some programs are just flaky running on CM 7 (perhaps not a ROM "problem" but is annoying.

The best CM 7 builds I ran so far are Winner00 builds with deprimed kernel! Things really went down hill today after flashing CM 7 night build 17 (not Winner00 build) and primed kernel.

I might continue with tweaking CM 7 (go back to Winner00 build) and kernel configurations (go back to reprimed w/tweaked voltage levels) if it were not for the 3G issue. The 3G issue is the biggest deal breaker. I just can't put up with having to babysit my 3G connection when it decides to throw a fit.

There are things I like about CM 7. The redesigned CM settings menus are nice. The built in VOIP stack is nice, don't need sipdroid which actually works quite nicely in conjunction with Google Voice and Pbexs for Internet calling on CM 6.1.2. The new Theme engine is nice.

As far as performance CM 6 Froyo is just as good or better then current incarnations of Gingerbread CM 7 for the D1. I might be fooled into thinking otherwise but that is my experience and my g/f D1 still runs CM 6.1.2 so I can do a side by side comparison. For example her battery when we got home this evening was still at 100% with light usage. Mine was down to 5% with light usage.. lol. Her Phone is fast ALL the time. Not so with CM 7 Gingerbread running on my D1 regardless any amount of tweaking I do. I asked her so how has the battery life been. Said she didn't know! Meaning she doesn't care because it's never a problem even if she is using facebook, texting, and making calls. End of the day she might be at 60% (I noticed checking one day). I get the same results when I was running CM 6.1.2.

Anyway, back to CM Froyo for the time being on my D1. I have the very last build of CM Froyo, build 248 (came after CM 6.1.2 and before everything was switched over to Gingerbread development) which my understanding speaking with another DF member is rock solid.

Thanks to Prime, Winner00 and the entire CM team for the efforts thus far. Perhaps, I may again give Gingerbread a run on my D1 at some point. For now it's back to Frozen Yogurt. No more eating Gingerbread for me for now or for my g/f or her son's D1, they would be very unhappy considering how well Froyo runs. :)

As a side note so far my experience with Gingerbread on the D1 it could be that CM Froyo further developed and tweaked may be a better solution then working or trying to make Gingerbread run properly on a D1. IMHO

Once my phone is charged this evening from being practically dead I am bringing her back to life running CM 6 build 248 and I will port a Gingerbread theme to it, load up primes overclock, and so on :)

11. Bro Duran

Bro Duran Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is anyone else having issues with connecting to wifi? The stock wifi icon comes onto the notification in white, but the 3G icon stays on the screen also. And then I don't have any data connection. However if I disable everything by going into airplane mode, then connect my wifi, the honeycomb themed wifi shows up, and I'm connected.

I've tried fixing permissions, clearing dalvik cache, clear cache in recovery, changing kernals, nothing has helped. Any ideas?

Winner build #17
    Chevy LV 1.0 kernal
    Honeycomb theme v4

12. prime

prime Kernel Developer
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +74
    Let me know how my kernels perform on CM6 if you don't mind.

l think primed will perform with ninja like prowess :)

Search tags for this page

allow purging of assets

cm7 language pack
cm7 mms download unsuccessful

cm7 pacman.apk

cm7 pakman.apk
cyanogenmod pacman apk
cyanogenmod pacman.apk
galaxy dx 393 set up

pacman.apk cyanogenmod

what is pacman.apk cm7