[ROM] **CM7 Build Thread**

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by winner00, Jan 20, 2011.

1. dredhead407

dredhead407 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What does the time in state show/prove?

Sent with my super buff thumbs ;)

2. stlcity

stlcity Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Guys I am on build 34...I have horrible screen redraw issues..Any suggestions? When exiting from any apps, the home screen takes close to 5 secs to populate. I am on stock kernel, did wipe coming from miui. Thanks.

3. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Ok,

I am still fiddling with CM setcpu settings, but it does appear that if you set a high, low and gov. in either setcpu or CM, the other will report. I think the whole point of the CM settings is to let you do away with setcpu if you have no other use for it. Also I see at least one new commit either pending or merged dealing with CM cpu settings, so it is certainly a work in progress. As you all are seeing, it is possible to do a lot with your overclocking with Primes work, CM settings and some basic script files. As setcpu is a resource that can be loaded at boot, it does use phone resources. Something to consider.

Also, you can sort of test the governor setting in CM by selecting one, then running a quadrant. If the settings are working, you will see a difference between on demand and performance. That is always obvious. Some of the others not so much.

As to time in state in Setcpu, this tells you what slots are running when you look at it in real time. The slots here should match your scrpit, be it the 07GB method or scriptloading with msoc. You can also make note of the time in state values, and turn your screen off. Let it sit for a bit, and when you turn back on, you should see the times in state reflect your lowest state setting (or sleep profile if using one in setcpu). You have to be sure to unplug any power source as being plugged in will mess with your slots.

Absolutely if your phone will not wake for a phone call, this means either your slot speed is too low, your voltage is too low or your cpu is getting behind. The first two are obvious, the third can be a funtion of widgets doing "stuff" in the background, or the worst culprit a poor phone and/or data connection whereby the phone is churning away trying to find and stay connected. You can see some of this by checking your system/apps/battery uses in the various ways. Rogue apps can also be killers.

Craig

4. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    STL,

If you read back a ways, or check almost any GB rom thread the redraws are related to your choice of lancher, whether or not you are using the launcher or CM settings to keep in memory, the amount of available ram (what other apps are your running before going back to home for redraws) and a few other "switches" which can be thrown. Rotating homescreen, heap size, compcache if enabled, etc.) No one answer.

Craig

5. AutoCANE

AutoCANE Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just wanted to report on battery life...I flashed CM7 Build #34 yesterday, and I have been playing around with it all day (I would call it moderate to heavy usage). The phone has been off the charger since 9 AM this morning and it's now 6:30 PM and my battery is still reporting 80% charge...absolutely incredible. This blows away any ROM that I have run yet.

This is my first experiment with a nightly, my first experience with Gingerbread, and my first time back to CM since discovering MIUI. For an experimental build I have to say that I am thoroughly impressed. Everything seems to work as it should - haven't been able to find any bugs yet.

6. jwd45244

jwd45244 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Flashed to Build #36 with a full data and cache wipe. Working fine although, i want to disable ipv6.

Got the notice that build 37 was available, and downloaded it, backed up and flashed it. All of my accounts from account & sync were gone.

What is going on here?

7. foxdog

foxdog Member

Ratings:
    +0
    you probably dont have market either. Cyanogenmod's install process involves auto backing up/restoring gapps (google apps) and theirs a bug in rom manager that blocks this from happing. if you choose 'install rom from sdcard' in rom manager, their is no problem with the update process.

in other words, when you get the notification (either from rom manager or registered and get the push updates) and download it, when the pre install pops up, hit cancel and go to install rom from sdcard.

cm nightlies updates are located in sdcard/clockworkmod/mirror.teamdouche.net/get/sholes/

8. jgostained

jgostained New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There is a fix for redraws

echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop

Works for me found it on the forum few months back can't remember whose fix it was but now it is the first script I run after flashing

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

9. SpykeZ

SpykeZ Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is there any way to make cpu profiles under the performance options like setcpu? setcpu uses around 14MB of memory so if I can go through the system straight it's even better.

10. dredhead407

dredhead407 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I usually download winners build off of droid forums and install thru raidzero but was weird was that it took away market for some reason and then I flashed gapps without wiping to see if it would work and it did. I thought you had to flash gapps right after the install but apparently not anymore. Just wanted to point that out.

Sent with my super buff thumbs ;)

11. foxdog

foxdog Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This thread is for winner's build's huh? I should unsubscribe

12. UNC

UNC Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Some users have been reporting errors when running that script with the nightlies.
    Either use the cyanogenmod option to "lock home in memory" or the adw option to "keep persistant" instead.

Search tags for this page

allow purging of assets

cm7 language pack
cm7 mms download unsuccessful

cm7 pacman.apk

cm7 pakman.apk
cyanogenmod pacman apk
cyanogenmod pacman.apk
galaxy dx 393 set up

pacman.apk cyanogenmod

what is pacman.apk cm7