CM7 Battery Fix (?)

fishaholic

Reaction score
why not UPDATE original post so people dont have to read all the BS TO FIGURE THIS OUT!! just an idea to clear up all the confusion for some of the newer guys

oh and not trying to seem rude this threads just all over the place and only th OP can fix that lol....

all ranting aside i just flashed (8-16-nightly) ill report as to the batt and netflix after work.:)

OP
UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
why not UPDATE original post so people dont have to read all the BS TO FIGURE THIS OUT!! just an idea to clear up all the confusion for some of the newer guys

oh and not trying to seem rude this threads just all over the place and only th OP can fix that lol....

all ranting aside i just flashed (8-16-nightly) ill report as to the batt and netflix after work.:)

Done.

What problem were you having with Netflix? It was working fine when I was on CM7. (I'm on MIUI now, and recently got 13-14 hours on heavy use.)

Cstryon

Reaction score
Done.

What problem were you having with Netflix? It was working fine when I was on CM7. (I'm on MIUI now, and recently got 13-14 hours on heavy use.)

I'm sure it was nothing to do with the battery fix. But on the unofficial nightlies since 8/13, both netflix and hulu won't play video. Just tried an official nightly and both worked. So I'm forced to decide, do I want battery life and no netflix, or netflix and no battery life (don't use netflix much anyway ;)).

I've tried both with a full clean flash.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

SWFLDroid

Reaction score
It seems like my battery life has gotten worse with the last few official nightly builds so I am going to take the plunge and give the revnumbers nightly (16) a try.

I just wiped cache, davlik and battery stats and flashed it. It is up and running now so I am going give it a few minutes to completely populate the phone, charge to 100% and calibrate battery. Once that is complete I will put it through its paces and report back.

SWFLDroid

Reaction score
(Update)

Everything seems to be working great except for, as previously mentioned, Netflix. The app seems to work fine until you try to play a movie. It goes into landscape as if it is going to start and then just reverts back to the previous page.

I did run a Quadrant Standard test and the results came back a little lower than the one I ran while on the official nightly build. I believe the last official nightly scored about 2,300 and the RevNumbers build scored about 2,000. (not that this means much of anything) I will report back later with battery performance.

Cstryon

Reaction score
Anyone else running the unofficial having trouble with netflix? I wonder what in the un officials are making it not work.

Min e does the same thing, landscape, then back to the app.

OP
UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm sure it was nothing to do with the battery fix. But on the unofficial nightlies since 8/13, both netflix and hulu won't play video. Just tried an official nightly and both worked. So I'm forced to decide, do I want battery life and no netflix, or netflix and no battery life (don't use netflix much anyway ;)).

I've tried both with a full clean flash.

Anyone else running the unofficial having trouble with netflix? I wonder what in the un officials are making it not work.

Min e does the same thing, landscape, then back to the app.

Well, it's apparently the unofficial nightlies having an issue. RevNumbers is an excellent developer and may not know about the issue. You should hit him up.

idefiler6

Reaction score
Just flashed today's version from Rev. Can't wait to report on battery life.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I mean has anyone else confirmed this? I need my netflix :p
Wanted to check if it was the build or an issue with his phone

CM74D2 (v6 supercharged)

SWFLDroid

Reaction score
Yeah, I mean has anyone else confirmed this? I need my netflix :p
Wanted to check if it was the build or an issue with his phone

CM74D2 (v6 supercharged)

I can confirm that Netflix is not working for me. I tried to uninstall and re-install the app just in case but no luck.

Cstryon

Reaction score
I can confirm that Netflix is not working for me. I tried to uninstall and re-install the app just in case but no luck.

I sent a pm to revnumbers on rootzwiki and am pending a response. Perhaps this should be the subject of a different thread, unless the issue is work the barrett fix, which us the only difference I can think of. Is there any way someone can apply the fix to one of the official builds, and test netflix?

idefiler6

Reaction score
Just flashed today's version from Rev. Can't wait to report on battery life.

Okay so I flashed it, charged to full. When I unplugged I was at 99% which is fairly common at least for me. It's an hour later and I'm still at 99%. Granted, I only have GPS and vibrate enabled and it's been sitting dormant. On build 25 which is what I am coming from, it would probably be at 95 or less. Impressed? Yes I am.