CM7 account sync

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by Z'mnypit, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Z'mnypit

Z'mnypit New Member

Has anyone had problems with the account sync using CM7? When you click account sync, add account it doesnt give you an option to chose say gmail etc. If I type all my account info in using my gmail its unable to establish a connection
  2. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Are you trying to the native email app to retrieve your Gmail? The Gmail app will do a much better job of that as it uses push and the emails will be "pushed" to the phone as soon as they hit the Google servers.
  3. Z'mnypit

Z'mnypit New Member

I was trying to sync it so I could pull the market up and use Titanium
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  4. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Did you install the gapps package when you installed 7? If not, you are not gonna have anything google. There is a work around to get titanium onto the phone or other market things, involving adb pusing.

Craig
  5. MikeMasso

MikeMasso New Member

I have gapps on CM7 but I cleared data before installing. I was having that problem before with it though I could only sync to Microsoft Exchange, I believe it was.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  6. Z'mnypit

Z'mnypit New Member

Same here. Excahnge is my only option. I can only see Titanium under folders. Ill re-read and give it one more shot
  7. MikeMasso

MikeMasso New Member

Well the only way I've found how to sign in to google would be through gapps or after data wipe. The only other problems I'm having are that the camera will not open, random reboots, and my 3g randomly crashes, but I guess it could be expected.
  8. tnronin

tnronin Member

WTF? I knew nothing about gapps. I ABSOLUTELY need to be synched with gmail for my apps and calendar functions. please help so I can get to the market. I'm lost. I took it for granted I wouldn't have to worry about that. I left BB because this was supposed to be more stable. Dang it.
  9. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Tn,

The google apps are listed on the first page (op) as a download. Unfortunately as these are nightly builds and not considered stable (although they are for most) there are no flashing instuctions or steps. It is assumed the user is somewhat advanced or familiar with CM roms.

And back to the OP, I just went through a complete wipe and reinstall of 36 today. It seems from my experience that with regard to Gapps and accounts it is either best to go complete market reinstall, or complete Titanium. And I am having better success with 3g rather than wifi. It seems if I try the four corner touch to bypass initial setup, my market gets borked. No auto install, and only paid apps showing. The interfacing of gapps with CM7 (GB?) seems tenuous at best, and very process oriented with regards to specific steps.

Craig
  10. tnronin

tnronin Member

Craig, I must be an idiot, two degrees etc and I still don't get it. I don't know what (op) means AND I find NOTHING that says this is what you need to do to synch your google account, and how to get the market up and running so I can get back up to speed. If I could reset to stock at that point I would.

As it is now, my clockwork will reboot me in the middle of moving around in recovery and I get "sd card not mounted" when I try other actions.

ETA: I have finally made it back to Buggy Beast. I'll live with it until I can get one of my students to help me.
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  11. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Tn,

As you are a teacher then you know idiot is the wrong term. Uniformed, uneducated about the task at hand, none make you an idiot.

OP is either original post (or poster), and you will find instructions for installing stable roms at whatever sorce you are using. The op of the rom will have installation instructions or a link to them. These GB roms (everyone's) are all very experimental, and the Cyanogen are that as well. If you find the link for the official last stable froyo for CM 6.1.2, you will find instructions.

If you need for your phone to be a daily driver, meaning it has to work (for work or play) than all of the GB roms carry risk. As long as you understand recovery for your phone, how to get there, how to backup your stable phone and restore back to it the risk of testing is minimal. None of this makes you an idiot.

Now if you hand your phone to one of your students and say "I want that on this, and I don't care what you have to do or even care to see what you do", well, then..........Good luck,

Craig
  12. tnronin

tnronin Member

Thank you Craig. I did indeed install 6.1.2, BUT I have no marketplace from which to download the apps and install them. Thanks for you assistance, I'll just have to deal with it. Too bad I had high hope for cynogenmod.
  13. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Tn,

Here is the link to the FAQ post on the cyanogenmod forum, in Motorola Android, Stable release. It did seem to me to be easier to find way back when, but you are correct, unless you have a bit of backround on CM in general, it is not super easy to find the info.

Hope that helps.

Craig

Official Faq: Read First! - CyanogenMod Forum
  14. jaycemiskel

jaycemiskel New Member

All you have to do is flash Google apps after you flash the rom and it'll work perfectly fine for you. Also, I think people trying to help you counts as support :). Hope it works out for you Tn

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  15. Maverick0984

Maverick0984 New Member

Please understand that this is your own doing and not the fault of cyanogenmod in any way, shape, or form.

Not trying to be rude, but you've had 2-3 posts with the same sort "blame the other guy" attitude, when it is you :-/

Flash Google Apps and you will be cured of all issues.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/cyanogenmod/38415-official-f-q-cyanogenmod.html

It is clear as day in this very forum.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  16. triptych

triptych New Member

TN:
    This is the custom rom section, a branch of the hacks section.

Hackers don't use the word "can't" in their vocabulary, and being negative is frowned upon. Almost everyone here is willing to share their knowledge with other members.

Try thinking outside the box and do a little digging on your own before asking for help or worse yet, saying 'eff it. By sharing your experiences and methods on the boards you in turn are helping others. Sometimes all it takes is a deep breath and a few minutes for a brain defrag and the biggest hurdles will soon become trivial.

Ps-
    it would be unwise to allow anyone else to modify your phone unless they are teaching you with detailed explanations along the way. think of the huge security risk not only to yourself but every contact you have.

17. AlphaMack

AlphaMack New Member

18. tnronin

tnronin Member

I do appreciate the input. I think part of the issue is the lack of vernacular I have. Terms that seem obvious to me, aren't to hackers. I have posted many questions that are respectful and to me germane to my issues and I have received no reponses. Then of course I get the responses like in this thread. I have indeed searched in this site. I can assure you I'm not the type that expects to be spoon fed. When I downloaded the cynogenmod thinking I has the correct one. Surprisingly I guess I should have known somehow that I needed the google apps. My basis of knowledge is BB which is ready to roll. Though it sure isn't bugless. I read and read and nothing clicked. As a teacher I understand that I must find a way to communicate to my students. Using language and terms they don't understand will not work. With that said I feel as a teacher the responsibility to use the language or teach the language they understand. Not throw a dictionary at them and say "sink or swim bubba".

Thanks for the help. I will see if I can figure it out.

19. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

TN,

Good luck with the rom selection. If you decide to go back to 6.1.2 (which is stable froyo) post any questions in the (this) main CM section. Someone will help. If decide to try GB, which is still in testing then post in the long GB thread here. You will get answers, as we have new folks in there all the time. This phone rooting can be daunting at times for new users, but eventually it will make sense.

Craig
Search tags for this page
add gmail account to cm7

add google account cm7

add google account to cm7

cm7 accounts sync

cm7 add google account

cm7 adding google account
cm7 google account setup
cyanogenmod 7 account sync
cyanogenmod account sync
google account sync cm7