cm6 vs sapphire, opinions wanted

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by nwwolf1, Oct 30, 2010.

1. nwwolf1

nwwolf1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    now of course when it comes to roms its to each their own but i've been running sapphire a while now and i love it. my question revolves around two of the major reasons i'm hacked: speed and customization. anyone have any opinions on which is faster, more customizable; or even just which ones you prefer?

2. dbst

dbst Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Cyanogenmod has more customization but most would probably say Sapphire is faster. You could aslo try CM6.1 rc1, it's been pretty stable for me and has even more features than Cm6. But don't forget all droids act differently to different roms

Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  3. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I always got some sapphire luv in my heart, but I am liking this cyanogenmod rc0..

Sent from my Droid

4. ohcop72

ohcop72 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I LOVE Sapphire Roms, but have been trying others until another sapphire release. Just flashed the CM 6.0.0 with the 2.6.32.9 JDLFG-Lithmod Kernel. All I can say is WOW, SMOOTH running overclocked 300min 1200max, Battery life is AMAZING. Still waiting for another Sapphire release though.

CM6 has my vote for now.

5. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal DF Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    Ratings:
    +6
    Try CM 6.1 RC 3 or one of the last two nightlies (which are feature test/bugfix releases for the RCs). Of course, one of these days 6.1 is coming out full release. :D

6. brando56894

brando56894 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was running Sapphire v1.1.1 but it hasn't been updated in awhile so I got bored of it and decided to try out the new CyanogenMod (back when 6.0 came out) and I've stayed with it. Currently running nightly build #170 with Slayher's 1.2 GHz kernel.

7. brochaos

brochaos Member

Ratings:
    +0

that is basically my story too. i love the cvpcs guys, they do awesome work. but cm6 caught my attention, it has a lot more tweaks, but probably not as good performance wise. after several months of cm6 i've just now jumped to the liquid ship, and i'm really digging it, at least until 6.1 final comes out.

8. fearthewopr

fearthewopr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i may be crazy, but the latest release of MIUI is nice. Very stable for me, and so many useful features. I absolutely love the pulldown controls for wifi/backlight/etc and the lockscreen is sweet.

I want to try UD2 now thats its out since I loved UD1, but almost dont want to waste my time since i know it doesnt have the same features I'm lovin in MIUI.

I dont even use the Miui launcher...i use ADW. :)