CM6-RC3 Maps,and Rom Manager issues

loggainsd

Reaction score
On Google Maps, My location usually does not work until i go force close maps. This was not happening on RC2.

Rom manager hangs in market at "downloading update" when i try to cancel the update the market force closes. Also, i tried renaming the apk for it in system and uninstalling through terminal, then redownloading from market. That still did not work. Any ideas?

lilxman

Reaction score
i have that issue too. Another issue that i've been facing with CM6 is that traffic cant be displayed due to low memory. I've never had this issue before with any other rom except CM. anyone know what to do?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Clear out the unneeded APKs from the system and move as much as you can from the phone to the SD card for storage issues. Reboot the phone more often if it's a RAM issue.

Check the Black Glass theme link in this subforum for some ideas on old APKs and unneeded stuff you can delete. A poster there had a list of what he got rid of that's not even being used (or never was used on the Droid 1).

OP
loggainsd

loggainsd

Reaction score
since upgrading to cm6 final. both issues have went away. (although i did do a wipe first) thanks for the unneeded apk info though. I'm still going to look into that.