cm6 rc3 is on rm now

Discussion in 'Koush' started by hookerdj, Aug 15, 2010.

1. triplecrown

triplecrown Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Link here and here. For the threads about the patches being included in CM6. Actually I think you posted in both but maybe never saw the end of them saying its included.

#73 triplecrown, Aug 18, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  2. nyijedi

nyijedi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe the fix is planned on being implemented in the official release of CM6 and isn't in RC3? All I can say is that I definitely had audio problems with my sirius/xm app that didn't go away until I manually disabled stagefright in RC3.

3. peterjames

peterjames New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    RC2 -> RC3 Thoughts

Added features are nice, however there are a few major performance issues that I am facing.

1. Battery life which was increased noticeably in RC2 has actually fallen to worse than the 5 series running at 1200 (and this is only with the 800Mhz stock kernel). I went from 2 days battery life to less than one.

2. Speed -> RC2 kernel @800 vs RC3 kernel @800... RC3 is just slower feeling overall... and I tested to make sure. I get significantly higher benchmark speeds on RC2 over RC3.

3. Heat -> RC3 runs hot on my device... this is the first ROM to ever do this. I'm one of the lucky ones that have been able to run at 1200+ with BeKit and P3Droid at temps barely over stock... Not so with RC3... @800Mhz I'm getting significantly higher temps.

I run stable on both.... but RC3 is just slow. And it looks like it might be how it's handling the processes. I'm going to poke around a little more - but I'm thinking that the stock ROM with no 3rd party apps actually retains running programs longer...... but I need to do some more comparison to be sure.

4. elwood1229

elwood1229 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Please excuse this dumb question, but how do I determine which theme I am using? When I installed cm6 rc3 I downloaded a theme with it through rom manager but for the life of me I can't remember which one. :) I have looked all over but can't find where on my phone it is listed. I am sure this is something easy to determine but if someone could point me to it, I would be most appreciative.

Elwood

5. AtrusNex

AtrusNex Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's not listed anywhere. All a theme does is replace certain files and applications on your ROM. So you are essentially just modifying the pictures saved for the gui in your ROM.