Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
You are welcome and This. Is. Awesome.

Like, wow. Still a few little tweaks are needed, but wow.

I like the new SU icon, the DSP equalizer grabbed me by the short and curlies, and the amount of customization newly available blows me away -- and I thought what was on there before was incredible!

And may I saw, all the options for the new power widget are mind-boggling.

AtrusNex

Reaction score
The biggest improvement for me is the new options for backlight dimming. It allows you to turn back full auto dimming, which I missed so much from 2.1 and earlier, and you can now go dimmer than stock without needing to install extra apps. Another nice feature is to be able to completely turn off the lock screen. I've always felt that the button is so hard to press on the Droid, that there is no need for a lock screen as well. But there are so many features in this update that are amazing.

The one thing that was kind of disappointing after I tried it out is that the flash light in the power widget doesn't use the led, it just turns the screen bright white. Who knows maybe this can be tailored to the Droid version in another release. I noticed they took all the trackball options out of the Droid version.

AutoCANE

Reaction score
This is a huge improvement and step forward from RC2, I am super happy. The ROM is really responsive and quick, I may not even install an overclock kernel. We'll see how things go in the next day or so with battery / speed.

I absolutely love the new customizable power control widget, and the LED settings are much easier to set to your liking.

Love it.

Fr3sh2De4th

Reaction score
Yay! I got it before everyone else did! I haven't flashed it in yet, but I have it...

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Index of /motorola/sholes

Nice! I've been running the nexus 1 upodate (on accident...it was on rom manager -_-) & it was running pretty smooth until about a couple of hours ago...its moving at a crawl as I type. Gonna test out the Droid Build tho :)

Announcement Scmouncement :D

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
So the RC3 for Droid1 isn't ava yet right? Or is it? I don't see an official statement anywhere on cyanogenmod.com. only reason why I asked is because I seen your link above Index of /motorola/sholes
and if i go to it I see "update-cm-6.0.0-Droid-RC3-signed.zip" so it made me think it was available. was just curious. thanks.
That's the one you want. Once you have that down, get the appropriate Google Apps pack from the CyanogenMOD wiki. :)

Latest Version - CyanogenMod Wiki

PS: if you get rid of the #Google_Apps and click the droid, you'll see that the RC-3 is the latest version available officially. CyanogenMod doesn't always announce RC releases. For instance, the RC-2 never got a nod on the front page. :)

AtrusNex

Reaction score
No, it is available. They usually only put out official statements for the Nexus One for some reason or another. You can get it at the link you posted or check it out on ROM Manager.

Kershaw

Reaction score
wow, appreciate the quick response. i have a couple quick questions, not trying to clutter up your thread with random questions. right now i'm on RC2 using the watermark'd theme. do i have to wipe data when installing RC3? i know it's probably always a good idea to do so, but i don't have a good backup program.

last time i did a ROM, i lost all my SMS messages because all i did was use the free version of titanium backup and it's only for apps and their data. i want to be able to wipe, flash a new rom, and be able to restore everything including sms messages, apps, app data, google accounts i have configured (i.e. have over 10 of them and it's a pain in the ass to reconfigure them all again.)

i have heard of "nandroid" and "my backup pro". i'm kind of short on cash, so a freebie would be nice, but if you would reccomend a paid one, which one? thanks in advance.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Yes. And you'll have to run stock or risk a borked install until someone else verifies the theme will work and/or the dev releases it redone for RC-3.

EDIT: Nandroid is the generic term for a backup made within a custom recovery image. ClockworkMOD Recovery makes Clockwork Backups. While they aren't interchangeable, they do the same thing.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
My stock music app force closes with this ROM, oddly enough.
Are you upgrading from a previous RC or did you come over from another ROM? If you upgraded, did you reinstall the Google app pack? If you came over from another ROM, are you running the stock music app or a different one?

KrazyTrain

Reaction score
I installed it this afternoon but the phone keeps getting stuck at the "cyanogen mod screen" even after pulling the battery a few times. I suppose I should just restore and try it again?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
I installed it this afternoon but the phone keeps getting stuck at the "cyanogen mod screen" even after pulling the battery a few times. I suppose I should just restore and try it again?
Sounds it to me. You also may have to wipe system and cache data if you didn't already.