1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

CM6 RC3 for nexus, soon for droid

Discussion in 'Koush' started by KillerVamp, Aug 15, 2010.

1. KillerVamp

KillerVamp New Member

looks like the 3rd Release Candidate for CM6 just dropped for the Nexus One. Soon to be on the Droid?
    CM6
  2. AtrusNex

AtrusNex New Member

Hopefully. I tried a CM Nightly, a few days ago and saw a lot of features I really liked, such as the customizable power widget, customizable screen brightness, etc, but it was super unstable. I'd love to see some of those features in a more stable RC release.
  3. Zac7

Zac7 New Member

Yeah it is also ready for dream/sapphire. Sure hope its only a matter of hours till we can get it on our droids.
  4. skatingrocker17

skatingrocker17 New Member

Really? I've been using it for almost an entire day and I've found it to be really stable. I've switched over to it actually, I'm using a Rom someone made over at the Cyanogen Mod forums thats that Droid 2 theme with the multitouch keyboard built off the 8-13 nightly build. It's built off FRG01B instead of FRF84.
  5. AtrusNex

AtrusNex New Member

I was using a build from a few days ago. And when I tried it a lot of the features weren't working properly and there were 3G issues. Obviously, if they're starting to roll out then next RC then they must be pretty close to getting most of the bugs out though.
  6. forkup

forkup New Member

Super unstable? Wow first time I've heard that. Did you wipe data and cache if coming from anything other than a CM 6 based rom? This rom is the bomb and has more features and usability than anything available.
  7. AtrusNex

AtrusNex New Member

I've pretty much only ran CM6, in some iteration or another, for the last 5 days. CM6 RC2 runs fine, I was referring to a nightly ROM just in case you're confused. And yes, I always clear the caches when switching ROMs or kernels.
  8. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    SCHAWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dancedroid
  9. furbearingmammal

Just went live. Go get it.
  10. AtrusNex

AtrusNex New Member

Where? It's not in Cyanogen forums or downloads. Found it it's on Rom Manager now.
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2010
  11. furbearingmammal

Yay! I got it before everyone else did! I haven't flashed it in yet, but I have it...

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Index of /motorola/sholes
  12. Hiroller173

Hiroller173 New Member

It's on ROM Manager
  13. furbearingmammal

Some people don't use ROM Manager for a variety of reasons, not limited to how on some phones it breaks downloads EDIT: **NOT THE PHONE!**, loses recoveries, loses files it just downloaded, doesn't flash the recovery images well, and so on, so the link I just provided will be the one they want to use to get it and install it manually from there. :)
  14. hailtothetheif83

hailtothetheif83 New Member

New power Control widget settings are AWESOME!!! No more need for extended system widget or any of those!! All options now built into ROM
  15. ebe3692

ebe3692 New Member

yeah, I dont use clockwork / RM either, never tried, but am happy and comfortable with sprecovery. I had forgotten what the link was to get to the CM update.zips so thanks for posting the link!
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2010
  16. furbearingmammal

You are welcome and This. Is. Awesome.

Like, wow. Still a few little tweaks are needed, but wow.

I like the new SU icon, the DSP equalizer grabbed me by the short and curlies, and the amount of customization newly available blows me away -- and I thought what was on there before was incredible!

And may I saw, all the options for the new power widget are mind-boggling.
  17. AtrusNex

AtrusNex New Member

The biggest improvement for me is the new options for backlight dimming. It allows you to turn back full auto dimming, which I missed so much from 2.1 and earlier, and you can now go dimmer than stock without needing to install extra apps. Another nice feature is to be able to completely turn off the lock screen. I've always felt that the button is so hard to press on the Droid, that there is no need for a lock screen as well. But there are so many features in this update that are amazing.

The one thing that was kind of disappointing after I tried it out is that the flash light in the power widget doesn't use the led, it just turns the screen bright white. Who knows maybe this can be tailored to the Droid version in another release. I noticed they took all the trackball options out of the Droid version.
  18. AutoCANE

AutoCANE New Member

This is a huge improvement and step forward from RC2, I am super happy. The ROM is really responsive and quick, I may not even install an overclock kernel. We'll see how things go in the next day or so with battery / speed.

I absolutely love the new customizable power control widget, and the LED settings are much easier to set to your liking.

Love it.
  19. Fr3sh2De4th

Fr3sh2De4th New Member

Nice! I've been running the nexus 1 upodate (on accident...it was on rom manager -_-) & it was running pretty smooth until about a couple of hours ago...its moving at a crawl as I type. Gonna test out the Droid Build tho :)

Announcement Scmouncement :D
  20. Kershaw

Kershaw New Member

So the RC3 for Droid1 isn't ava yet right? Or is it? I don't see an official statement anywhere on cyanogenmod.com. only reason why I asked is because I seen your link above Index of /motorola/sholes
    and if i go to it I see "update-cm-6.0.0-Droid-RC3-signed.zip" so it made me think it was available. was just curious. thanks.