CM6 RC2 is on RM

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Didn't want to open a whole new thread for this, but does DarkEdge work on this?

onemotodroid

Reaction score
Looking for a kernel (above 800 MHz) just like stock

Installed CM6 RC2 running GREAT for over three days. I had just minor issues that I was able to resolve. I am ready to overclock above 800 MHz.

Tech Question: There are a number of kernels that have been developed for this ROM. Is there one that is clocked at 7 steps up to 1.1 Mhz? I am looking for a kernel that has spec's as close to the stock clock that's in RC2.

My Droid is running so well with that stock clock (battery and cpu temp), it is really hard for me to move off.

my nandroid backup: CM5 running p3 LV (250 - 1 MHz) kernel - was running GREAT

thanks

AutoCANE

Reaction score
The ability to pulse the notification light while the screen is on is still disabled in RC2 for some reason......I thought this was going to be fixed :(

This is being addressed here although I personally have not tried it out as it's not a setting I make use of.

Installed CM6 RC2 running GREAT for over three days. I had just minor issues that I was able to resolve. I am ready to overclock above 800 MHz.

Tech Question: There are a number of kernels that have been developed for this ROM. Is there one that is clocked at 7 steps up to 1.1 Mhz? I am looking for a kernel that has spec's as close to the stock clock that's in RC2.

My Droid is running so well with that stock clock (battery and cpu temp), it is really hard for me to move off.

my nandroid backup: CM5 running p3 LV (250 - 1 MHz) kernel - was running GREAT

thanks

Here is a link to jdlfg's kernels - he has a number of options, with a set that have been developed specifically for CM6. I am running the 1.2 but I can report that on my phone the battery life is a little lacking. I'm still experimenting to find the right mix. Apparently Chevy's Froyo kernels work pretty well too (I believe they are posted somewhere in the forum).

McLovin926

Reaction score
i flashed this a few days ago, and had issues of the phone randomly rebooting. upgraded from rc1, no wipe.

LVGDroidFan

Reaction score
i flashed this a few days ago, and had issues of the phone randomly rebooting. upgraded from rc1, no wipe.

I had the same issues with random reboots (didn't have any with RC-1). Happened often enough to send me back to Sapphire.

Full wipe before install.

Last edited:

jimbob_sf

Reaction score
I had a bunch of odd slowness, pauses, and other weird stuff with RC2. I just installed the 07292010 nightly and things are much better. These are obviously not specific and repeatable issues, but I could tell something wasn't right. I've got RM with backups in case things go south.

I upgraded from RC1 without reset/clear cache without issues. The RC1 was a complete wipe install.

CrossFireXT17

Reaction score
Google Addon for Droid

7/28/10: Includes new Gmail, Twitter, Maps, and GV

Just tried it out, GMail did tell me that something new was installed and what the differences were, Twitter didn't tell me anything (so not sure wha's new with that), Maps didn't tell me.. and I don't really use GV so I wouldn't be able to tell what would be different.

jimbob_sf

Reaction score
Questions:

1. Is the 7/28 change to google apps in the nightly builds?
2. Will this be in the final CM6 release?

Also, I'm trying to find a changelog for the nightlys, but I'm not finding it. Anyone have a link to the CM Droid nightly change log?

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just updated and made some major changes to my theme in case anyone is interested :D