CM6 RC1 official for droid

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by PDR447, Jul 11, 2010.

1. kiyanofosho

kiyanofosho Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How is this compared to bugless beast in performance and speed?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

2. anuraj1

anuraj1 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i tried chevy's kernels and ended up in an M Logo bootloop. I'll give jdlfg's anykernel a shot because i am having setcpu issues with his CM specific one too.

#50 anuraj1, Jul 11, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  3. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Perhaps this would be a good point for some clarification, pertaining to Google Apps.

It would appear from the op and wiki etc. that 6.0 does not have google apps. Does this include market? And if so, would we have to load the complete gapps update? I have everything in Titanium, but the only google feature that I really use are market and gmail to sync contacts (and obviously market). Is one of the features of the rom to nuke google, and if so, how do we deal with market and contacts?

I have not used a cm rom for quite some time, but this looks interesting. And I have read the op, most of the wiki and visited Koush's website, but I am a little confused here.

Thanks,

Craig

4. Artimis

Artimis Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'll chime in and say this is useful for people with home docks. When the screensaver clock kicks in after 5min of being idle, the notification bar is not visible. The only way to tell if you have a notification if you didn't hear the sound is through the notification light.

5. anuraj1

anuraj1 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No luck, setcpu still doesn't detect root access on reboot, i have to go in and have it autodetect device every time i reboot.

6. trebb

trebb Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know what to do anymore. EVERY 2.2 ROM I've tried has redraw issues with LauncherPro. ADW doesn't redraw, it just takes 5 seconds to get back to the home screen. I was on BB, Sapphire, and now CM6...

It's BLAZING fast moving between applications, but if I stay in an application (browser, for instance) for a minute or two, then hit home, it takes 5-6 seconds to get everything back up. So annoying.

7. anuraj1

anuraj1 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    having you tried the "keep in memory" option?

8. trebb

trebb Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yep. I've had it checked ever since it was an option. I've unchecked it, tried numerous different memory settings...nothing works. :( It's not just me - I've read about it over in the BB section, and I even made a thread in the Sapphire section.

9. PDR447

PDR447 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    google apps are not included in the rom because of legal reasons. they are closed source apps that belong to google. they are not open source like the rest of android. therefor they cannot legally be redistributed. Cyanogen got a cease and desist order a while back for including gapps in his rom. so the separate method was born. cyanogen is not distributing the gapps, "someone" is. you will want to install them. titanium will not take care of it.

the stock android launcher2 may be better for this. have you tried it? I'm using the moto one which is a 2D version of launcher2. I haven't had any major rebuild issues. you can try it here: Launcher2-CM6-2D.zip

10. hamitup

hamitup Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Great job fellas. cm6-rc1 working great.

11. FormerIphonePreuser

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey how do i make the notification bar black?

12. pdroid

pdroid Silver Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Get simple black bar mod from cm forums, there's a link to it in this thread.

Search tags for this page

free aosp rom cm6 rc1 download

rom toolbox failed to restore app data