CM6 RC1 official for droid

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by PDR447, Jul 11, 2010.

1. jimmydickens

jimmydickens New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Haven't seen it mentioned

but you can download "FLash Player 10.1 BETA 3" from the Market with this ROM.

2. alonsou

alonsou Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree, BB 0.4 is way more stable than CM6 RC1, I also got a ton of FC (android.process.acore), issues with Pure widgets messanger, even the phone app FC a couple of times. Going back to BB 0.4, be back once CM6 is more stable

3. steven.rn

steven.rn Member

Ratings:
    +0

Same here; loaded p3droid and the whole thing crashed.

Loaded JDLFG's new CM6 kernel at 1100, flawless so far after a few hours.

I did wipe while installing CM6RC1 (seemed important at the time) and then laid the kernel on it, restored whatever needed restoring, and it _seems_ I'm good to go. No fc's, no problem moving things, gallery works, etc.....

Quadrant score at 1100 speed is :: 1474. My droid runs all day at 1100, wont do 1200 for very long, but 1100 is way stable.

#111 steven.rn, Jul 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  4. Arte Suave

Arte Suave Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ive had no issues at all other than getting a kernel to load. What OC kernel can I get to work, and a link to it please?

5. mjones73

mjones73 Member

Ratings:
    +0
  6. Arte Suave

Arte Suave Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I couldnt get that one or 1000 to load. Got 1.2 to load and now it runs great!

7. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Excited for the final release to come out. I am a UD fan and his new version is running great for me, but I am always up for flashing new things. If I am impressed I plan on porting over my Luna Theme for it...

8. ravichopra

ravichopra Member

Ratings:
    +0
    wireless tether?

Anyone having trouble with wireless tether? I keep getting a failure initiating access control...

Thx in advance..
    -R

9. loggainsd

loggainsd New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mostly Working

Everything works for me so far except Market Auto Download.

Even my paid apps show up in the market. It's just that no apps auto download.

10. TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I like this ROM so far but no wallpapers will work for me....im running Launcher Pro Beta and i cant even swap the supplied wallpapers...very frustrating

11. Arte Suave

Arte Suave Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Battery life seems good so far. I DL 2 kernels, and have played around with it a little today. 20 or so texts and a quick call. Been off the charger for almost 3 hours and I am at 80%

12. PDR447

PDR447 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ok, let's see if we can clear up some of these "issues"... *cracks knuckles*

first and foremost, this is an RC(release candidate). meaning it does not live up to the CM team's standards for a full fledged release, but it is getting close. I *should* be good enough for most as a daily rom. but, RC is RC... not a release.

as for apps not showing up. yes, DRM apps are hidden due to fingerprint issues. there is currently no approved 2.2 fingerprint for the droid. there likely won't be until 2.2 is close to ready for release from VZW/Moto. once there is an approved 2.2 for the droid CM6 will have all the apps. there is a "fix" out there but it just makes the market think you are on ese81(2.1) still. the ese81 "fix" will bring back drm apps but I *think* you will lose 2.2 apps(like flash). I haven't tried though so I can't confirm.

FC issues and other "clunkyness". a wipe will likely fix this. Coming from ANY non CM rom OR a THEMED CM rom you may as well consider a wipe mandatory. a few coming from un-themed 5.0.8 have been lucky enough to get away without a wipe but even some 5.0.8 people have had to wipe.

Kernels... 2.2 requires new kernels. make sure you are using an "approved" kernel or else you will have issues. the kernels in rom manager are still 2.1/CM5 only at the moment. p3 has a bunch of froyo kernels up on his page and you can find plenty of other options on the forums.

setCPU on boot is an app issue not a rom issue. I think the issue is with the new su 2.2.2 app. the devs are aware and I'm sure a fix is in the works. you could try rolling back to su 2.0.3 if you like.

the wallpaper thing is being looked into by the way.

I think that covers about everything. good luck!

#120 PDR447, Jul 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
Search tags for this page

free aosp rom cm6 rc1 download

rom toolbox failed to restore app data