CM6 (Final), UD7, or Steel 1.9??

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm torn between these three ROMs and would like to get some opinions. Has anyone compared the three or at least two of them? One deciding factor will be smoked themes with a black notification bar with transparent pull down. The BIGGEST would be speed, stability, and battery life/temperature! Thanks!!

dirtysanchez

Reaction score
Well my expernce with the three, Also my setup is UD Watermarked ADW with Galx S theme

Steel = Srry havent tried it yet but will soon

CM6 = Loaded just fine and has some improvements from the previous version. I ran into so FC issues that seems to be in the rom Not the Kernal, Also i noticed the redraw issue that is in Froyo but it seemed to be real bad in my CM6 setup. (could be ADW & Not Froyo's fault)

UD 7 = so far i would say this has been the most stable rom i have tried & i have tried almost all (Steel is new to me) along with the watermark theme & ADW the redraw after hours of use is about 5-25 sec when coming out of an app to the ADW home screen, Minfree helps alot with this as well, As for some of the other ROM/Froyo issues, Wifi at my office & at home work with little problem (had major issues with this in Lit mod, BB, CM, Ins, & Chevy1)

Except the issues yesterday with Themes I think the UD 7 is the best right now & between Goodies & custom scripts is what made me lean to the UD and all its goodness

OP
Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Interesting...thanks for the info!!

droiddadi

Reaction score
I tried UD7 and currently running CM6.

I will recommend CM6. It is fast and tons of features. It is just stock ROM built off source.

There are lots of features no other rom has . ofcourse others will catch up since CM is open source.

I am also getting better battery life with CM6 than UD7