CM6 final is here!

superglen99

Reaction score
Yes I wiped, no it's not networks cause I have full 3g when this happens and I have not had any hardware issues. Apparently brochaos has the answer. and I just might switch to UltimateDroid 8 I mean if it solves the music and slow handcent load times, I'll definitely be happy. I just want my phone to work like its supposed to.

DHGroove

Reaction score
I just installed CM6 and seem to be having a major issue. I can't sync the droid with my gmail account. After install, CM just comes up without going through account activation, and when I try to add an account, it only allows for exchange account.

I'm coming from SS 4.5 and I downloaded ClockWork Recovery. I did a format boot/data/cache/system x3 each several times and I still can't get it to activate with a gmail account.

I've installed using RomManager as well as update.zip thru ClockworkMod Recovery. Any help would be great, as this leaves my phone fairly useless.

Oh, also, I don't have the market either. Related or separate issue?

Z

ZeroBarrier

Related, did you download and install Gapps (Gapps = Google Apps, such as market, talk, and; yup, you guessed it, accounts sync)?

If not that's your problem right there.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint

DHGroove

Reaction score
That was it. I feel like a dummy. :blink: For some reason I thought I didn't need that for the final version. Thanks guys!

InfernoX51

Reaction score
Just thought I'd share this...

Edit (since my signature changes about every 12 minutes)
This was with CM6 9/12 nightly build, jdlfg 1.2 kernel maxed out on performance. No theme installed.

Last edited:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Repeatedly. I did every trick I knew of, but nothing worked -- M for eternity. I'm just lucky I could get into recovery to flash back. :) I'll probably try another one either later this week or early next week.

mattg1

Reaction score
Repeatedly. I did every trick I knew of, but nothing worked -- M for eternity. I'm just lucky I could get into recovery to flash back. :) I'll probably try another one either later this week or early next week.

You have to install a diffrent kernal, lol I was going mad stareing at the M, so I asked in IRC. I'm running last night's nightly smoothly.

InfernoX51

Reaction score

You have to install a diffrent kernal, lol I was going mad stareing at the M, so I asked in IRC. I'm running last night's nightly smoothly.

I was able to install initially with the stock kernel that it came with. My steps for install are:

1. Backup whatever
2. In recovery, go to partition menu and format boot, system, data and cache twice.
3. Back to home menu, wipe data/cache once normally.
4. Install rom
5. Install gapps (if available or required)
6. Boot up and complete initial account setup/sync/restoration of apps.
7. Back to recovery and install kernel.

This method has worked flawlessly for me every time, regardless of the rom being flashed.

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just released Cold Fusion for this ROM....check out my sig!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint

Hmm. Different kernel? I didn't try that. I've never had a problem booting with the stock kernel. I wonder what changed in it.

I'll just have to bet at my PC to do that, then. I'll flash in my Chevy kernel as soon as I have the ROM updated, but only AFTER I have a backup that's current and not dated 1970-something. I kid you not, that's what my last nandroid dated out as. :D