Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
The power control widget is native to Android. CyanogenMod has a souped-up version.

Is there anyway I can get the "souped-up" version on UD 8? Like an update.zip file for just that? I like the 'power' of being able to disable my 3G on my homescreen.
Not that I'm aware of. The UD team would have to modify the code themselves since I know CyanogenMod team won't, and I don't see that happening either.

naman919

Reaction score
I can't get swype to work at all. what's going on?

I've uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times and keep getting version 1.56... and it comes up with the "wrong device" error when trying to use it. Ideas?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
I can't get swype to work at all. what's going on?

I've uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times and keep getting version 1.56... and it comes up with the "wrong device" error when trying to use it. Ideas?
Have you made sure you have the latest installer? It's also possible that the installer is seeing a Nexus 1 instead of a Droid because of some of the software CM comes with.

superglen99

Reaction score
This is very frustrating. Yet again I am having issues with streaming music app. I switched to Slacker from Pandora and it worked for about a week. Now it often just stops playing when I do the simplest thing like say check a text message? wtf? Also I get a lot of skipping like it's a cd from 10 years ago with no buffering. ARG!! I really wanted to like Cyanogen and have installed it on 3 phones but this won't do. I'm about to jump ship to ShadowRom or something if I can't get a fix anybody?? Also one of the phones does not have service. Tried battery pull, *22899 fix permissions and no go. HELP!!!

Z

ZeroBarrier

They released a fix for that issue. I believe its called UltimateDroid 8 or something..

Do us all a favor, and go stay in the blackdroid forums.

Seriously, GTFO. We really don't need people like you here if you don't try helping people resolve thier issues. Your post provides nothing of value, in fact; it worthless.

This is very frustrating. Yet again I am having issues with streaming music app. I switched to Slacker from Pandora and it worked for about a week. Now it often just stops playing when I do the simplest thing like say check a text message? wtf? Also I get a lot of skipping like it's a cd from 10 years ago with no buffering. ARG!! I really wanted to like Cyanogen and have installed it on 3 phones but this won't do. I'm about to jump ship to ShadowRom or something if I can't get a fix anybody?? Also one of the phones does not have service. Tried battery pull, *22899 fix permissions and no go. HELP!!!

Do you have any simalr problems with other ROMs?

Did you properly wipe before flashing the ROM?

Have you given any thought that it might be a network issue or perhaps a hardware (your phone) issue?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
I believe there's a Settings>CyanogenMod Settings>Sound Settings feature you can mess with that might help that. Who knows what happened, though, if it was working for a week.

The joys of cutting/bleeding edge technology. :)

brochaos

Reaction score

slacker does that on all roms, even stock. it just cannot multitask.