CM4DX Status?

maximumpower

Reaction score
What is the status?

From reading many many posts I found

- It is now on GB kernel
- Battery life has not been good (at least on Froyo kernel)
- Video quality not very good
- No blur camera (well... there is no blur at all by design)
- No HDMI (again, no blur)
- Lots of customization
- Better performance (at least quad score which most people say is worthless)

Have I missed anything? Are there more compelling reasons to install it?

Thanks!

Last edited:
OP
M

maximumpower

Reaction score
Looks like I will stay on Liberty for at least a little while longer. Doesn't seem like there is a compelling reason to go to CM7 yet.

Thanks

bigmook

Reaction score
Imho. Cm7 blows liberty out of the water... plus better dev support.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

usne8

Reaction score
I just came off of liberty v9. The battery is much better on CM 7 build 77. I ran liberty for a month and CM7 for the last 4 days. I appreciate the work on liberty though.

OP
M

maximumpower

Reaction score
Is it truly faster than LGB v0.9?
Does it have better battery life than LGB 0.9?
Is the video camera still stuck at 480P?

What is it about CM7 that blows LGB 0.9 away?

Thanks for the responses so far!

DJxPanda

Reaction score
Imho. Cm7 blows liberty out of the water... plus better dev support.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Dont mistake nightlies as "better" dev support. Liberty isnt a nightly, so they release updates slower, but each update is full of stuff thats tested pretty darn well. JRummy is back in the development of liberty, so hopefully we will be seeing a new update soon. But just because cm gets an update every night doesnt mean a thing. ive seen a few nightlies with no updates whatsoever.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ICanHazBeer

Reaction score
I've been very happy with dev (community) support on CM7 for both Froyo and GB. It feels like when I first jumped on Liberty, there was so much activity, it was awesome, i was happy to donate and buy apps. CM7 for GB has that feel too, plus the ROM is very stable. Sooner or later, the next new thing will come along and devs will abandon CM7 on the DX. Until that time, i will stick with CM7 and MIUI, if they get GB, and hope, that Liberty gets it going again. :)

Mike8913

Reaction score
where do you get the GB version of cm7. the cm7 im running now has horrible battery life (nightly 77).

cubsfan187

Reaction score
CM7 on GB has been very nice. RevNumbers has been great with getting the bugs squashed pretty quick and it has gotten better on the battery side too. Hopefully development picks back up again (after kernel.org getting hacked) and we get some new updates to it soon. Seems as though some devs are already moving on the Bionic though. I really thought CM was gonna bring the X back to life for a while.