CM4DX Question

droidxfan16

Reaction score
I was wondering if there is any other way to flash cm7 on the dx without sbfing all the way back to .340? I am on rooted .605 at the moment, suggestions?

clueless77

Reaction score
I was wondering if there is any other way to flash cm7 on the dx without sbfing all the way back to .340? I am on rooted .605 at the moment, suggestions?
get rom toolbox from market, go to rom manager, go to revnumbers nightlies, and get one

in my experience i get the zip out of the folder instead of flashing from rom toolbox and put the zip on root of sd

leftspin

Reaction score
get rom toolbox from market, go to rom manager, go to revnumbers nightlies, and get one

in my experience i get the zip out of the folder instead of flashing from rom toolbox and put the zip on root of sd

this or use ROM manager, I think the RevNumbers builds off the GB kernel are better than the nightlies

OP
D

droidxfan16

Reaction score
Thank you both! Rom Manager worked like a charm, I didnt know it was that easy

clueless77

Reaction score
what is the newest build in Rom manager?

if you feel froggy i am running shuji 2.2 and its very nice, you can find it on Droidmodderx.com who is actually writing for droid forums now

leftspin

Reaction score
what is the newest build in Rom manager?

if you feel froggy i am running shuji 2.2 and its very nice, you can find it on Droidmodderx.com who is actually writing for droid forums now

the newest build in ROM manager is 9/28/2011 I believe, I ran it for a few days and loved it but the battery life left something to be desired. The battery life on Shuji was the best I've ever gotten, I'm waiting for Shuji 2.2 to download right now

clueless77

Reaction score
Yes I got the best I ever got on battery yesterday 15 hours off charger with 20% left, if I would ever quit flashing roms I might keep it consistant but its an addiction, I am having trouble getting .340 froyo full sbf to take for soon reason I am wanting to try some of those roms plus I'd like to utilize the boot manager app

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

leftspin

Reaction score
Yes I got the best I ever got on battery yesterday 15 hours off charger with 20% left, if I would ever quit flashing roms I might keep it consistant but its an addiction, I am having trouble getting .340 froyo full sbf to take for soon reason I am wanting to try some of those roms plus I'd like to utilize the boot manager app

I know exactly what you mean! I'll flash a ROM, keep it for a few days, think to myself "I love this ROM! I'm never switching!" and then within another day or two I think "Hey, I remember on XX ROM I got amazing battery life, I'll switch back to that again!" and the cycle continues :)

As far as the SBF not taking, make sure you're using the right SBF for your bootloader, latest RSDlite, have the right Moto drivers, all that good stuff

clueless77

Reaction score
Lol a day, more like an hour or so, there are 3 that I've used a lot that's any one of many cm7 or shuji and the newest from mobile sensei the ICX which is a good one its a blur rom though but still fast its the one I've had my fastest linpak on

The sbf is .340 for the 30.04 bootloader

It will take but either show blank screens or very slow and never go back to home

leftspin

Reaction score
Lol a day, more like an hour or so, there are 3 that I've used a lot that's any one of many cm7 or shuji and the newest from mobile sensei the ICX which is a good one its a blur rom though but still fast its the one I've had my fastest linpak on

The sbf is .340 for the 30.04 bootloader

It will take but either show blank screens or very slow and never go back to home

that's strange, maybe it was a bad download of the .sbf file, try downloading again. The ROMs I've used most are CM4DX GB, MIUI and Shuji. I've been wanting to try the ICS ROM but I just really don't like blur, how is the battery life on it?

clueless77

Reaction score
I'd say probably about as good as shuji but I almost never give my phone time to get battery right

Yeah I did I got it from TBH SBF full download page plus another from an sbf guide in Droid x forums and its proper size and everything

I think I'm gonna go back to stock rooted do a full factory reset on gb then stock recovery and wipe data/cache and try again that way and if it doesn't work then I will just stop trying lol

I tried MIUI twice and just can't seem to get along with it or APEX but I really want to try SSX hence wanting to get to froyo

leftspin

Reaction score
I'd say probably about as good as shuji but I almost never give my phone time to get battery right

Yeah I did I got it from TBH SBF full download page plus another from an sbf guide in Droid x forums and its proper size and everything

I think I'm gonna go back to stock rooted do a full factory reset on gb then stock recovery and wipe data/cache and try again that way and if it doesn't work then I will just stop trying lol

I tried MIUI twice and just can't seem to get along with it or APEX but I really want to try SSX hence wanting to get to froyo

MIUI... I have had such a love hate relationship with. It's such a great concept and such a nice LOOKING rom, but it just never works as well as I want it to and I end up jumping ship. I liked ApeX but I preferred Shuji even though they're pretty much the exact same ROM. I'm back on Shuji now and I'm thinking I'll probably keep it for a while, since I've tried pretty much every AOSP ROM out there for the GB kernel at this point and my main concern is battery life

SSX and Liquid were my favorite Froyo kernel ROMs but 2nd init ROMs always had so many problems for me

clueless77

Reaction score
Yeah I think I'm about done jumping from rom to rom, although there is a new liberty on the horizon lol

Honestly I want a 2nd int rom is because the boot manager app said that a 2nd int had to be phone rom or it would cause problems

leftspin

Reaction score
Yeah I think I'm about done jumping from rom to rom, although there is a new liberty on the horizon lol

Honestly I want a 2nd int rom is because the boot manager app said that a 2nd int had to be phone rom or it would cause problems

I've been wanting to try that boot manager app but I think I'd end up only using my phone ROM anyway and wasting space on my SD

clueless77

Reaction score
Well my only thinking is how much I jump from rom to rom it would be so much easier to do so, but I agree as soon as I get it and set it up I'd stop jumping around

I want another phone, I'm thinking duel core, I have a pro but there is so little action for it, I wouldn't mind testing for some guys though, I am very intrigued in the development area