CM4DX-GB flash question

mouthrulez

Reaction score
i am about to flash CM4DX-GB Revnumbers from ROM toolbox..can i just flash it straight over the stock droid ROM or do i have to switch to GB first?

OP
mouthrulez

mouthrulez

Reaction score
can i download GB from ROM toolbox or ROM manager premium?

clueless77

Reaction score
can i download GB from ROM toolbox or ROM manager premium?
no its not like a custom rom ginger bread is the 2.3 version of the androi

easiest way to get there is to sbf full to 4.5.602 which you can get here Droid X SBF
if you arent familiar with sbf'ing you can read up on it here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-rooted-help/100038-complete-droid-x-sbf-flashing-guide.html please read the whole thing first

if this makes you uncomfortable DO NOT attempt

i am sure the other guy posting in here, Leftspin, will chime in soon and knows a fair bit more than i and i am sure between the two of us we can get you where you want to be

OP
mouthrulez

mouthrulez

Reaction score
ive had CM7 on my DX before but left it because of battery life. but now i want to try it again but on GB kernel this time. I have a few question about it tho. Does camera and Camcorder work yet? does youtube work yet? and do i still get my HD recording and pics that the stock ROM has?

clueless77

Reaction score
i am assuming you are running a 2nd init rom

honestly as far as i know the camera does work as far as camcorder i dont know i dont use my cam like that and i have only flashed the cm7 roms for a little bit at a time i prefer others

there are other threads about the builds here that you could read up on, its mostly just trial and error

OP
mouthrulez

mouthrulez

Reaction score
ya i used to have a 2nd init rom. if i dont like this ROM after i flash it can i just hit one of my stock rom backups and will it take me back to my stock rom with no problems?

clueless77

Reaction score
well if you get to the ginger bread os you will want to go ahead and amke a back up of that, stock rooted of course, but yes if you get tpo the new gb cm7 and dont like it just wipe factory data, cache, and dalvik cache and restore back up

please be careful though and trust me i have bricked mine about a gazillion times

OP
mouthrulez

mouthrulez

Reaction score
oh ok. once im on GB what do i have to do before flashing CM4DX-GB? Wipe cache, dalvik cache, and do i have to wipe data as well?

OP
mouthrulez

mouthrulez

Reaction score
and do i still need to instal the all-in-one fix? if so link please

clueless77

Reaction score
go into your about phone in the settings menu and tell me what these two things say

system version
android version

then i think i can get you on the right track

OP
mouthrulez

mouthrulez

Reaction score
system version- version.2.3.340.MB810.Verizon.en.US
android version- 2.2.1

and thanks for the help, sorry bout all these questions, i took a 3 month break from ROMS so i pretty much forgot everything

clueless77

Reaction score
ok on this link you should be able to follow either of the last two methods if you dont know how to get to stock recovery use the next to last method only thing is its two zips that must be installed in order

DroidModderX » -Officail OTA 2.3.3 (4.5.596) upgrade from froyo or GB .588/.591/.595 thanks to Droidmodderx.com

after getting this far first thing to do is go into about phone and check for system updates and it should give you the 4.5.605 update, download and install then we will get you rooted