CM4D2G camera does work

Byakushiki

Reaction score
I seem to have found a surefire way to unmirror the images in the camera...simply go into settings, flip the image size to 4mp (wide), then back to 5mp. Then, switch to camcorder. Make sure it loads. Switch back to cam, voila. Your camera is UNMIRRORED. Only works for camera atm though, not sure why not camcorder.

Sent from somewhere in a strangereal world.

OP
Byakushiki

Byakushiki

Reaction score
aefc395c-ec4a-2665.jpg

Taken with my Droid2Global on CM4D2G.
That would be my poor Droid 1... :(
Oh and now a video of it working aswell. Don't even ask me how I got it to work, it just decided to out of the blue...
[video=youtube;ZBJzcpFsfnE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBJzcpFsfnE[/video]

klep33

Reaction score
Your trick does nothing. Followed exactly what you said and camera is still 100% mirrored.

OP
Byakushiki

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Realized that today it stopped working before a class at mit...later, just repeated doing it over and over. It's still sporadic when that trick works apparently.

aceoyame

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
run a logcat while trying and pm me it. That should help us out.Only send it if you get it to work properly while your running the log.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
I tried one of the nightly build from earlier this week. The mirror issue is half fixed. When the phone is tilted horizontally, it works fine, but when you turn it vertical, it then mirrors.

hamann5

Reaction score
Is there any fix out for the camera issue? Cyanogen is the first ROM besides Fission to work without any issues. No camera would be a deal breaker for me

Asphyx

Reaction score
I seem to have found a surefire way to unmirror the images in the camera...simply go into settings, flip the image size to 4mp (wide), then back to 5mp. Then, switch to camcorder. Make sure it loads. Switch back to cam, voila. Your camera is UNMIRRORED. Only works for camera atm though, not sure why not camcorder.

No need really to go through all of that...

usually all it takes is switching back and forth between camera and video and it will flip in two or three tries.
However stop the app and reload it and it tends to stay flipped. Rebooting will get you back to being able to flip.

It's a workaround but we need to either find out what is flipping ir or add a flip option to the APK itself so we can at least be sure we can flip it anytime we want no matter what orientation it starts off at.

Flip option works perfectly on barcode scanner so it really is just a matter of getting that feature into the CM camera.

Asphyx

Reaction score
Is there any fix out for the camera issue? Cyanogen is the first ROM besides Fission to work without any issues. No camera would be a deal breaker for me

Not yet a bunch of people are looking for fixes but CM Camera APK is really still a work in progress in itself.
I think they just added auto focus on press like two weeks ago.
It will get done, for now try the switching between video and camera to get it to flip before you take pictures. PITA I know but it's the best we have right now.

ozzyschoonover

Reaction score
Omg!

It took me a couple times, but it finally mirrored it! I am soo happy now! I can't wait for the true fix though. dancedroid

steelersfan

Reaction score
Over at rootzwiki I think they found a fix so the camera isn't mirrored anymore.

D2G cm7 2.3.5

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
You can grab the latest nightly build here. I have yet to have any problems with the nightly builds, and the camera has now been fixed.