CM NexTheme do it yourself!

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by captdroid, Dec 3, 2010.

1. captdroid

captdroid New Member

How to do it yourself NexTheme for CM nightly, RC's, or final releases :)

1. Download and use ThemePorter to transfer the graphics files: Theme-Porter [v1.0] [Any Firmware / Rom Compatible] [WINDOWS] - xda-developers

2. Download one of the NexTheme port I or someone else did :) to use with ThemePorter and extract to folders as described in the ThemePorter instruction. Also extract latest CM build and gapps download to the folder new/apps that ThemePorter creates after first run of Script file.

3. After running ThemePorter, Download the xml file attached to post here: CM NexTheme do it yourself! - CyanogenMod Forum and use winrar or zzip program to open the framework-res.apk that ThemePorter creates in new/framework and replace the progress_horizontal.xml file in folder res/drawable. In winrar you click 'add' and select the progress_horizontal.xml file then after clicking ok to add close the file.

4. Now open up the original NexTheme download zip file and copy the files from new/apps and new/framework into the correct folders using same method as mentioned in step 3. You can exclude copying the 2008 files.

5. Install the update zip you created! Backup your phone first!

6. Feeling even more adventurous? Use Metamorph from the market and apply several different animation types: Custom Window Animations These work on your droid 1 also :) Use spare parts in the app drawer for animation menu options.

Have fun and enjoy! Port away... the easy and fast way... lol Feel free to create a metamorph template to use instead :)

CM NexTheme build 210 port: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/koush/102012-theme-cm-nightly-build-210-nextheme.html

Folks... Merry Christmas and best wishes in the new year!
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  2. droidkevlar

droidkevlar New Member

Just added the fold animations to my personal theme. Never knew you could change that. My theme just got 100x better. Thanks for the info.
  3. thed0cb

thed0cb New Member

What other Roms do NexTheme support?
  4. captdroid

captdroid New Member

Whatever ROMS you want it to using the OP info. There are various 'flavors' around. Since my last posting of NexTheme for CM I have since put together a more extensive version of NexTheme from several posted around the Internet. Once I'm done I will post it up for use with the OP info.
  5. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

A bit of an old school subscription, but thanks for posting this guide. I have not tried the theming part yet, but the animated folders are pretty nifty, and the maker included a back to stock theme which I always appreciate. Good job.

Craig

Edit: I forgot to ask, what exactly is the purpose of step 3 and the progress_horizontal.xml file. Is this step always needed? Something particular about that file? Thanks.
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  6. captdroid

captdroid New Member

That file changes the orange progress bar to green that's all.

Here is my NexTheme port for CM 6.1 final: http://filefactory.com/file/b49e58g/n/CM-6.1-stable-NexTheme.zip

This worked fine on CM 6.1 final but I have since switched over to Benny's Gingerbread Theme port :) Remember to set the 'black theme' option in CM settings after installing.
  7. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Capt,

Thanks, so the progress bar is just a particular patch.

Craig
  8. droidkevlar

droidkevlar New Member

Any other links? Can never dl, always says too many people using.
  9. captdroid

captdroid New Member

Mediafire link for CM 6.1 final NexTheme with fancy animations: CM-6.1-stable-NexTheme.zip
  10. CJM

CJM Developer Relations Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Thanks captdroid. These animations are awesome. dancedroid
  11. captdroid

captdroid New Member

Of those think I liked the 'flip' animation pack one best.
  12. droidkevlar

droidkevlar New Member

As requested by captdroid, here is a MetaMorph of just the animations from this theme. As always, make a NAND before applying so if you dont like, its simple to go back to. You must use metamorph to apply this, which can be found in the market for free.

http://www.multiupload.com/42E3YDZJ1W
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  13. captdroid

captdroid New Member

Thanks droidkevlar for making the Metamorph! Requested because I think others may like these fancy animations better then the MIUI ones and a Metamorph is easier for some to install. :)

And thanks for the info you PM'd on creating Metamorphs. Don't know that I will be doing any right away since I just copy files where I need them in framework, etc... but I certainly appreciate the info.
  14. droidkevlar

droidkevlar New Member

No worries. I never mind helping if I have free time. This community is all about helping each other.
  15. captdroid

captdroid New Member

Just loaded up the latest CM 6.1.1. Works perfectly with prime's compcache kernel and Overclock. Check out Bear's tutorial.
  16. droidkevlar

droidkevlar New Member

17. tktouch12

tktouch12 New Member

this is a sweet tutorial. thanks. i'm going to try this later for cm 6.1.2. i hope i can get it to work, i love nex theme. this guide would work on pretty much anytheme with any rom right?