1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

CM Installation help?

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by baldybill, Oct 10, 2011.

1. baldybill

baldybill New Member

Ok, I want to install CM7.1
    Over the past couple months, I've installed Chevy's SS ROM.
    I've also installed Link2SD since I have so many apps now.

Usually when I switch ROMS and do all of the Wipes, I have to reinstall all my apps from a backup using Titanium Backup

Will Titanium Backup put the apps linked to the SD card via Link2SD on the SD card and not in the internal memory?

Just wondering if I'll have to reinstall each app individually and move them via Link2SD individually or if TB will put everything back in place. Thanks!
  2. rck76

rck76 Super Moderator Premium Member

Yes, but make sure to wipe your ext partition in recovery. You can only do this with cwr though, as far as I know anyway.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  3. rck76

Oh, BTW, try installing your links2sd app and set it all up before restoring your other apps first.

4. baldybill

baldybill New Member

Regarding Links2SD, can you elaborate on the "setting it up" part for me to do first?

Also, have you successfully done all of this?
  5. rck76

When you first open the app, it asks you what ext you want to use, then you reboot. When going from SS 5.4 to 5.5, I was using rzrecovery and couldn't wipe my ext partition and no longer could use ext2, I ended up using ext3. Next time I'm installing a new rom, I will use cwr and wipe the ext partition to see if that helps or you can try it and let me know :)