CM Compatible Kernels

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by kingrahat, Feb 8, 2011.

1. kingrahat

kingrahat New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I'm still learning the ways of what to do with your phone after rooting, and I have CM6.1 on my phone. I read a bit about how some kernels are not compatible with various roms and I was wondering which ones are compatible with CM? (Or are they all compatible). I've heard good things about chevy and p3droid, but I wanted to make sure about compatibility before I went for it.

Also, I apologize if this is a dumb question, but are kernels specific for devices? Will I need to find a kernel specific for a droid running CM, or will any kernel suffice on all devices?

2. rabbitfoot

rabbitfoot Member

Ratings:
    +2
    you're right that not all kernels are compatible with all roms for various reasons. also, some kernels will simply not play well with your specific phone and sometimes even both!

yes, kernels are specific to devices (an EVO kernel won't work on a DInc).

if you're running CM 6.1, just about any kernel made for froyo and the droid 1 should work for you. some of these include: jdflg, chevy's, p3droid, jake, slayher, and bekit.

i hope that was clear and helpful.

best,
    rf

ps. i love chrome. i just accidentally close the browse, re-opened it, and the message was still here. :)

3. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    King,

And to add to Rabbits great post, kernel flashing is one process whereby you must have a good nandroid/cw backup in place, and know how to get to it. As the new kernel will alter your speed slot and voltages, if you flash one that your phone dislikes, you will get bootloops. This can be scarey for new rooters.

Craig

4. g i 8 1 2

g i 8 1 2 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    since we are on the topic here with compatible kernels...
    im running CM7 nightlies (trying to stay up to date on them)
    where can i find a list of kernels that work properly with this rom? also what is the best OCing app to use on the D1. thanks guys

5. 52brandon

52brandon Active Member

Ratings:
    +19
    I'm running Raid Zero's 1100mhz kernel on all the nightlies and it works great. I believe any kernel SHOULD work though. And I just us the CM setting to adjust my OC speeds and profile

Search tags for this page
cm compatible kernel
cm compatible kernels
cm kernels
cyanogenmod 7 compatible kernels

cyanogenmod compatible kernels

cynogenmod supported kernels
kernel compatible con cyanogenmod 7 galaxy y
kernels compatible with cyanogenmod
what kernels is cyanogenmod compatible with
what's compatible kernel with cm 11?