CM 6.1.2 Slugish

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by Tanto88, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Tanto88

Tanto88 New Member

Ok i run one of two Roms either Sapphire 2.2 or CM 6.1.2 both roms are awesome and are very stable with hardly ever any FCs. Lately ive been running CM for the features it has compared to Sapphire. But the only issue I do have with it, is that it is significantly slower and at times will bottleneck. So my question is has anyone else had this issue and if you resolved it how did you? Ive tried running a different kernel but that only resolves part of the issue.
  2. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Reboot once per day.
  3. Tanto88

Tanto88 New Member

I normally do, Thanks though.
  4. Tanto88

Tanto88 New Member

Following up

Since this is my thread ill go ahead and share what ive found. Well first I started playing around with a few different kernels, CVPCS's, ChevyNo1, P3 each at 1.0ghz LV. Now what ive found is that the stock kernel didnt run so well and would often bottleneck, Chevy's kernel also didnt run so well. When i started running CVPCS's kernel that ran better then the last two but would still bottleneck from time to time. Now after i started running P3's 1.0 ghz LV Kernel that has so far ran amazing with only one FC(Facebook) and that also being the only time it bottlenecked. So I hope if anyone else had a similar issue that this will give you something to try.

Below is the link to P3's site
    P3Droid Kernels
  5. tnronin

tnronin Member

Thanks for the link! I'm new to this kernel stuff. I have noticed some bottlenecking as well with the same FC. I'm running the same rom. Could some one tell me which kernel to get that would give me the best battery for performance. I'm running a D1. Thanks.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  6. Tanto88

Tanto88 New Member

Well put simply the lower the kernel speed the longer the battery life, ive had best luck running either the 800mhz or 1000 mhz kernels. Remember that our phones may not run similar to each other, and that your taking a risk by running a faster kernel. so if your a beginner id suggest going the the 800 to start with and gauging how your phone runs. With CM id also recommend buying the SetCPU app. It will allow you to run a faster kernel and down clock its speed when you dont need it. Any other questions?
  7. tnronin

tnronin Member

Gotcha on the low voltage and the CPU controller. I see a 125mhz and 250 MHz. What's up for that? Lolz. I get pretty good life but want to stop the bottlenecks.

8. Tanto88

Tanto88 New Member

It is the base idle speed of the kernel. Basically thats the lowest frequency the kernel allows. so far I haven't noticed a difference between the two as far as battery life but have noticed that the 250 is slightly more prompt to load the app menu and when switching between screens.
  9. tnronin

tnronin Member

Very good info thanks! I will probably go with the 250 MHz since there was an issue with ringtones.

10. tnronin

tnronin Member

Real quick. When installing with rom manager the instructions say to disable the asserts. What is that? Thanks again.

11. tnronin

tnronin Member

Installed and snappy. I hope the batt is not killed. I have it set at 250/1000 on demand. What is the stock speed if I need to back it down? Thanks for doing this.

12. Tanto88

Tanto88 New Member

I'm not to sure what that means exactly... sorry. I would just boot into recovery and install it that way. for normal running I have mine scaled to 250/800 on demand and if im playing something like angry birds or gameboid ill scale it up to 1ghz
  13. tnronin

tnronin Member

Ok thanks!

14. Tanto88

Tanto88 New Member

My pleasure.