CM 6.1.0-RC2-Droid Can someone help me please?

mentaloaf

Reaction score
I have a Moto Droid 1 and I just installed CM 6.1.0 rc2....I REALLY like this Rom but I have some issues that I was hoping someone could help me with. 1ST I can't seem to add any of my Gmail accounts, it just takes me to a server settings page and when I press next, it tells me "Setup could not finish-Unable to open connection to server"

Also, my market app is missing so I can't access a bunch of stuff I need to get my droid setup to where I need it.

Is this just a CM 6.1.0 bug or is it my phone or are there some more involved things I need to do with this ROM to get it working properly....the biggest issue by far is the gmail...it won't let me add any accounts....any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Benny879

Reaction score
You have to download and install the Gapps add-on

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
yup...look in the release thread theres a link for the gapps....it took a few clicks until it dld it for me.....but try it a few times itll work.

OP
M

mentaloaf

Reaction score
Cool Thanks! I tried the Gapps link about 3 times and it took me to a non-site...basically it didn't work, do any of you have a proper link to the download? Is it on Rom Manager? I'll try it again a couple times. Awesome Rom BTW

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
Cool Thanks! I tried the Gapps link about 3 times and it took me to a non-site...basically it didn't work, do any of you have a proper link to the download? Is it on Rom Manager? I'll try it again a couple times. Awesome Rom BTW

its not a dead link...think its just maxed out, if you pm me your email i could send it to you, i have it on my phone.

OP
M

mentaloaf

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I got it done with RM. Any good 1.2gHz LV Kernels to with this one?