1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

CM 5.08 & Titanium question

Discussion in 'Koush' started by Lars1, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Lars1

Lars1 New Member

Hi there,

New to ROMming. Just DL the new CM Rom and all of my apps are installing automatically.

Prior to install, I backed up all data and settings with Titanium (Premium).

My question is, do I use my backup? Will I get duplicate apps? What data will Titanium restore?

I could use a little help.

Thanks.
  2. zerosouls

zerosouls Soulless Droid Premium Member

You should be able to restore apps in theory... havent gotten to Cyanogens new mod yet, but Titanium should at least be able to restore APP data.
  3. Lars1

Lars1 New Member

So I just do a restore over the installed apps? What data does Titanium back up?

TIA
  4. zerosouls

It backs up App and Data, so if your playing say, Zombies, it should be backing up your user data and the actual app you were previously using.

This depends on the settings you used to back. I am assuming you used (App+Data)
  5. Lars1

Lars1 New Member

I did choose apps+data. Does it also back up settings i.e. Ringtones, accounts, passwords etc.?

Also, if you know, if I use Titanium to restore, will my apps be linked to the market for updates?

Thanks again.
  6. zerosouls

Yup, should do all that. You can also review what it backed up when you load it. I would take a close look at what it has actually backed up before doing anything.

But loading everything from default is not so bad, thank Google sync for that.
  7. Lars1

Lars1 New Member

What would I not want it to restore?
  8. zerosouls

That's an incredibly relative question, I cannot answer that as I do not know everything you have done specifically.
  9. zerosouls

BTW; for some of your apps, you might have to sync them with what you have stored on your sdcard (providing you have moved apps to your sdcard). Not sure how that is done.

My ultimate suggestion is that you make sure you backup your current rom, and then test out what you can do... if something fails, just reload your ROM... backup each time you think you made progess, and then keep moving forward.

The best way to learn is through failure.
  10. Lars1

Lars1 New Member

Just a follow up.

After Google loaded everything it could, I opened Titanium and had it restore data+missing apps (112!)

Everything looks good, I haven't had much time to check everything out but it looks like I will have to recreate all my accounts, ringtones etc.

Thanks for your help.
  11. zerosouls

No problem man. I've never used titanium for system files, but it has served me well for apps.

I have installed many ROM's at this point and put up with restoring certain information manually. It is well worth it in the end when a ROM really licks my chops. Oh and by the way, I did say licks my chops :p

Have fun! dancedroid