Cm 5.0.6.2

Tesler32

Reaction score
Hey guys Im going to make the switch from UD10 to 5.0.6.2 tonight when I get home but I have a few questions if I may first. Does CM come with all of those luanchers installed? I use dxTop so I used to uninstall all of them though the terminal anyways. Are there any other issues that I should be aware of coming from a UD rom other then to do a data/cache wipe. I am using the apps2sd now and is working great. When I wipe and reinstall will everything still be there since its on the sd card. Will Titanium Backup work to restore my K-9 Mail? That is a big one since I hate setting up all my mail accounts again since I have 6 in there. I was going to do the upgrade though Rom Manager is that still the best way? Thanks in advance. I know I asked a lot of questions here.

Here are some of the answers. Anyone can correct me if I am wrong:

1. CM comes with compatible launcher2. Helix launcher 1 can be downloaded from the market. HelixLauncher 2 had compatability issues initially and would constantly FC. Now apparently it works. (check the other thread on this forum). If not you will have to download the beta version of Helix Launcher2 ver 0.7
Donators' Repo » Home

its the last one on the list

2. Good idea to wipe data cache before install. Although technically if u are coming from UD10 it is a themed version of CM I would data wipe.

3. Think since all the apps are on partition on sd card u should have it all intact even after the data wipe

4. ROM manager is the best waay. Although the premium version costs some I would recomend it as all the themes for CM are available on the ROM manager. All the OC kernels are there too. U will not need a computer to flash anything from now on..(thanks to Koush)

5. Not sure about titanium......

Hope this helps a little. Let me tell u: u will enjoy the ride with Koush and his ROMs. Welcome and good luck :)
Thank you very much for the info. I think it should go pretty smooth for the most part. I'm going to go ahead and purchase the premium license when I upgrade since I really like the nextheme that I am running now in UD10. Look foward to the new rom from Koush. Ty

BACAbone

Reaction score
Hey guys Im going to make the switch from UD10 to 5.0.6.2 tonight when I get home but I have a few questions if I may first. Does CM come with all of those luanchers installed? I use dxTop so I used to uninstall all of them though the terminal anyways. Are there any other issues that I should be aware of coming from a UD rom other then to do a data/cache wipe. I am using the apps2sd now and is working great. When I wipe and reinstall will everything still be there since its on the sd card. Will Titanium Backup work to restore my K-9 Mail? That is a big one since I hate setting up all my mail accounts again since I have 6 in there. I was going to do the upgrade though Rom Manager is that still the best way? Thanks in advance. I know I asked a lot of questions here.

Just made the transition not long ago myself. Recomend u wipe twice since u r comin from ud. CM uses launcher two I believe but some themes use helix2, and now helix2 available in market works with CM.as far as other questions I'm not sure. Still new myself

Porterhouse0

Reaction score

Just made the transition not long ago myself. Recomend u wipe twice since u r comin from ud. CM uses launcher two I believe but some themes use helix2, and now helix2 available in market works with CM.as far as other questions I'm not sure. Still new myself

im pretty sure u dont have to wipe. UD is the same base as CM. i didnt wipe and everything is just fine.

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
Youtube hq

i cant seem to find a ROM with youtube HQ default...any ideas? UD always had it and i loved it.

mjh68

Reaction score
i cant seem to find a ROM with youtube HQ default...any ideas? UD always had it and i loved it.

Koush doesn't put youtub HQ default in his builds , but either find the .apk or else Jrummy puts it in his remix .

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score

You can also download the xUltimate app. It takes care of the high quality default on youtube and higher quality video recording.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score

You can also download the xUltimate app. It takes care of the high quality default on youtube and higher quality video recording.

xultimate...is it in RM? cause i can not find in market nor RM

It's a desktop app from what I understand lol I think there might be a thread here but you can get it from alldroid: [app/script] xUltimate v1.2.4 **UPDATED 02/17/10**

Porterhouse0

Reaction score

It's a desktop app from what I understand lol I think there might be a thread here but you can get it from alldroid: [app/script] xUltimate v1.2.4 **UPDATED 02/17/10**

i appreciate it! BUT is xultimate v1.2.4 the latest version?? i cant help but notice it says "updated 2/17/10" thats 2 months ago...which is like 12 years in custom rom time lol

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score

i appreciate it! BUT is xultimate v1.2.4 the latest version?? i cant help but notice it says "updated 2/17/10" thats 2 months ago...which is like 12 years in custom rom time lol

Yeah well the devs been busy on other things, everything related to that app is posted on that page. So what you see is what you get lol, whatever was posted last is the "latest"

OP
S

stlcity

Reaction score

Yeah well the devs been busy on other things, everything related to that app is posted on that page. So what you see is what you get lol, whatever was posted last is the "latest"

I do it using the update.zip posted in this thread:

Youtube Hiugh Quality Default - CyanogenMod Forum

Post number 15. Put it in the root of sdcard. From RM>install rom from card>choose the update.zip. It reboots and u r fine to go. Hope this helps. Good luck

bodean

Reaction score
Sorry if answered already, but did not see it.
What exactly is this "
fstab to /system/etc" that was added to the current version?

From reading on google about it, all it says is "system configuration file commonly found on Unix systems. The fstab file typically lists all available disks and disk partitions, and indicates how they are to be initialized or otherwise integrated into the overall system's file system. fstab is still used for basic system configuration, notably of a system's main hard drive and startup file system, but for other uses has been superseded in recent years by automatic mounting."

That is basically it? Just list of partitions?

Porterhouse0

Reaction score

I do it using the update.zip posted in this thread:

Youtube Hiugh Quality Default - CyanogenMod Forum

Post number 15. Put it in the root of sdcard. From RM>install rom from card>choose the update.zip. It reboots and u r fine to go. Hope this helps. Good luck

done and done lol thanks man

hayaku

Reaction score
Sorry if answered already, but did not see it.
What exactly is this "
fstab to /system/etc" that was added to the current version?

From reading on google about it, all it says is "system configuration file commonly found on Unix systems. The fstab file typically lists all available disks and disk partitions, and indicates how they are to be initialized or otherwise integrated into the overall system's file system. fstab is still used for basic system configuration, notably of a system's main hard drive and startup file system, but for other uses has been superseded in recent years by automatic mounting."

That is basically it? Just list of partitions?

yes, fstab is a file in /etc that defines what partitions are available to be mounted, how they are mounted by default (rw, ro, etc), and if they get auto mounted on startup.

since apps2sd is now built in the relases, the ext partition on the sd card needs to have an entry in fstab for ease of use. otherwise you have to run a long command like that remount system command (specify filesystem type, device, block, etc)... now you can just run "mount /sd-ext" and such...