Cm 5.0.6.2

sandfreak

Reaction score
Are there any lag issues with the new build? I am on 5.0.6.1 and im having terrible lag issues.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

R1Lover

Reaction score
Are there any lag issues with the new build? I am on 5.0.6.1 and im having terrible lag issues.

Check spare parts and make sure your window animations and visual animations are set to fast...

as for any other lag... make sure you install an updated overclocked kernel of your choice after installing the ROM, it comes with a stock kernel.

My favorite is P3Droid's 1200.

LdaSense420

Reaction score
jus wondering if there was a reason the nexus livewallpaper doesnt work...

s-one

Reaction score
Now I'm really liking this one. Its not laggy like 6.1. Thanks for the builds cyan/koush.

sandfreak

Reaction score

Check spare parts and make sure your window animations and visual animations are set to fast...

as for any other lag... make sure you install an updated overclocked kernel of your choice after installing the ROM, it comes with a stock kernel.

My favorite is P3Droid's 1200.

thanks ill check that out, i didnt know what the spare parts were for. i am overclocked with the p3droid 1200 tho

g8gt2012

Reaction score
Hey, couldn't find the answer to this anywhere so here it goes. When I download 5.0.6.2 I dial *228 but I get no dial pad on the screen, and sometimes it does not even call out. Any idea on how to fix it?

m3kilpat

Reaction score
For those who use my Smoked Glass-Esque theme, version 1.5 is out in ROM Manager now.

v1.5
Changed to display 5.0.6.2
Fixed cell standby issue!
Fixed MMS video/image issues!

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
For those who use my Smoked Glass-Esque theme, version 1.5 is out in ROM Manager now.

v1.5
Changed to display 5.0.6.2
Fixed cell standby issue!
Fixed MMS video/image issues!

first thing I checked this morning, thanks :)

Tesler32

Reaction score
New to CM

Hey guys Im going to make the switch from UD10 to 5.0.6.2 tonight when I get home but I have a few questions if I may first. Does CM come with all of those luanchers installed? I use dxTop so I used to uninstall all of them though the terminal anyways. Are there any other issues that I should be aware of coming from a UD rom other then to do a data/cache wipe. I am using the apps2sd now and is working great. When I wipe and reinstall will everything still be there since its on the sd card. Will Titanium Backup work to restore my K-9 Mail? That is a big one since I hate setting up all my mail accounts again since I have 6 in there. I was going to do the upgrade though Rom Manager is that still the best way? Thanks in advance. I know I asked a lot of questions here.

OP
S

stlcity

Reaction score
Hey guys Im going to make the switch from UD10 to 5.0.6.2 tonight when I get home but I have a few questions if I may first. Does CM come with all of those luanchers installed? I use dxTop so I used to uninstall all of them though the terminal anyways. Are there any other issues that I should be aware of coming from a UD rom other then to do a data/cache wipe. I am using the apps2sd now and is working great. When I wipe and reinstall will everything still be there since its on the sd card. Will Titanium Backup work to restore my K-9 Mail? That is a big one since I hate setting up all my mail accounts again since I have 6 in there. I was going to do the upgrade though Rom Manager is that still the best way? Thanks in advance. I know I asked a lot of questions here.

Here are some of the answers. Anyone can correct me if I am wrong:

1. CM comes with compatible launcher2. Helix launcher 1 can be downloaded from the market. HelixLauncher 2 had compatability issues initially and would constantly FC. Now apparently it works. (check the other thread on this forum). If not you will have to download the beta version of Helix Launcher2 ver 0.7
http://helixproject.ruqqq.sg/

its the last one on the list

2. Good idea to wipe data cache before install. Although technically if u are coming from UD10 it is a themed version of CM I would data wipe.

3. Think since all the apps are on partition on sd card u should have it all intact even after the data wipe

4. ROM manager is the best waay. Although the premium version costs some I would recomend it as all the themes for CM are available on the ROM manager. All the OC kernels are there too. U will not need a computer to flash anything from now on..(thanks to Koush)

5. Not sure about titanium......

Hope this helps a little. Let me tell u: u will enjoy the ride with Koush and his ROMs. Welcome and good luck :)