1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

CM 5.0.6.1/Launcher2 questions?

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by budmonster, Apr 16, 2010.

1. budmonster

budmonster Guest

Two part question...

I want to remove Launcher2 and install Helixlauncher. How do I properly remove the Launcher2 that comes with CM 5.0.6.1? What are the ADB commands? I want to make sure there is nothing left over from Launcher2. Also, do i uninstall Launcher2 before I install Helixlauncher?

It seems right now that CM 5.0.6.1 is running very slow for me. Anyone else? I was on 5.0.5.7, then booted into recovery and I completely wiped my phone. I then put the 5.0.6.1 zip and Google apps zip on my sdcard. I went into clockwork recovery and flashed 5.0.6.1, then immediacy flashed the Google apps zip.Rebooted and it seems to work. It just seems that CM is really going slow for me. Petes BB 2.1 was extremely fast compared to this.
  2. agent42o

agent42o New Member

adb remount
    adb shell mv /system/app/Launcher.apk /system/app/Launcher.bak
    adb shell mv /system/app/Launcher2.apk /system/app/Launcher2.bak
    adb shell sync
    adb shell reboot

No performance problems here, my rom is flying.
  3. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

I am using UDv10 now but I got the Launcher2 apk from Cyanogen and re-signed it. I like it because how many icons fit in the 3d drawer. Anyone know if this can be hacked to helix1 because this Launcher2 seems to be a bit laggy when swiping page to page... Helix1 is super-fast...
Search tags for this page

remove launcher2 from build