Clueless

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by Ellie, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Ellie

Ellie New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OK, my husband and I both got Droids last weekend, and neither of us are really good with computers. I keep trying to read postings to figure everything out and I have no idea what people are talking about, i.e. rooting, .apk, etc. Can you please help less computer savvy people learn how to do things? I want to have a big clock on my phone while it is charging and many other things. Can you please give us any suggestions possible that we can understand?

Thanks

2. ShowTime

ShowTime Member

Ratings:
    +0
    First off, :welcome:
    As for rooting, ROMs, etc, etc... I personally wouldn't advise trying to get in to all that right off the bat. It can get a bit complicated. I'm not saying you wouldn't be able to do it, but just not perhaps right after getting the phone. Give it a little time to get acclimated to the phone and basic Android functioning then see where else you need to go.

As for a clock while charging, if you purchased a home dock for the phone, there should be a large clock on the screen when the phone is charging in this dock by default. If you don't use the dock, there still should be a clock on the screen while charging. Open the app drawer (grey button at bottom of screen) and select settings, then applications, then development, and make sure the box for "stay awake" is checked. Then, once you plug your phone in, press the power button once to sleep the screen and then again to wake it up. It should wake up on your lock screen, which will have the time in somewhat large font, and it will stay on that screen and not go to sleep for as long as you have it plugged in.

3. JCo352

JCo352 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    also if you dont want to buy a dock charger you can download "dock runner" for free in the android marketplace and it will give you the large clock while charging.

4. Ellie

Ellie New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you and you explained it in a way that I understand. If you have any other good suggestions that I should know I would be glad to hear them
    Any can't live without apparently?

5. ShowTime

ShowTime Member

Ratings:
    +0
  6. Ellie

Ellie New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I was using my phone. I am still not used to it.

7. AnneDroid

AnneDroid Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to the neighborhood, Ellie, good to have you here!