1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Clueless, Need Advice

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by mrcold, Apr 4, 2010.

1. mrcold

mrcold New Member

As the title says, I'm pretty clueless when it comes to messing with my beloved droid, and looking for some advice. I rooted a couple months ago, but have only had sholes since then. I want to switch to BB on the advice of several friends and online recommendations. I dl'd the BB file for 2.0.1 rooted to 2.1 rooted and tried to update. Eventually, after numerous attempts/tantrums/xanax, I got pissed and did a wipe. In the process, I was updated to 2.1 OTA. At this point, is there any way I can root directly to BB v1.0 from 2.1? Or would I need to go through the process of getting back to 2.0.1 before I could do that?

Sorry if this has been asked a bunch of times, which I'm sure it has, but I didn't find the right post, or at least I didn't know if I did. Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

mrcold
  2. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

Whoa, whoa, whoa!

You say you now have 2.1 OTA. You did not get that by accident. How did you get it? Did it get installed Over the Air from Verizon or did you force it or did you install a custom rom based on 2.1?

What flavor of 2.1 do you have? Go to Home, hit the hard menu button, chose settings. Scroll all the way to the bottom and chose About Phone. Scroll all the way to the bottom again and tell us what the last 5 lines read. The Firmware version sometimes tells you which version of 2.1 you are running. If it is 2.1 (ESE56) you are in great shape. If it is 2.1 (ESE83) then you may or may not have a problem. If it is ESE83 then I want to know which kernel and build number you are running.

If you are running a 2.1 ESE56 or it just says 2.1 with no ESE listed after it, then you can probably just grab Pete's Bugless Beast .9 and install it through SPRecovery. We can hold your hands or you can just follow his instructions. I just downloaded it from the link on this forum and I got a bad copy that was only 95 kbs in size (took an hour before I realized I wasn't doing anything wrong). Go to Adamz site and download it direct. i think the link to his site is in his signature. But the instructions are good so if it fails it's either something you did wrong or it's a bad file.

Nate
  3. mrcold

mrcold New Member

Edit: Well, I went through the process again, and things seemed to work this time. Thanks for the help!