Closing windows in browser.

cleevis

Reaction score
Okay, really stupid question, because I've done this before and don't remember what I did. Browser won't let me go to new link because I've got to many open. How did I close then last time. I've been through the entire list of topics. Im the only idiot.lol

parsrobc

Reaction score
On my HTC Droid Incredible, with the browser open, click menu and then "WINDOWS".

ROBERT

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

OP
cleevis

cleevis

Reaction score
I've found that clears the most recent apps, but not windows in the browser.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
In your browser just hit the tab button, next to the menu button. This'll bring up all your other tabs and you can close them as you please.

OP
cleevis

cleevis

Reaction score
Not sure what phone you guys are using, but I have no menu button. Back, home, and the one that shows my recent apps. I do get the three dots on most apps, but not in my Google browser.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Go to your browser. You see your address bar? Next to it has a "tabs" button and a "menu" (3 veritcal dots) button. Click the tabs button and you'll be able to close them. You have to scroll all the way up to get to the address bar or swipe down to pull it up.

I assure you we all have a Nexus. Your profile still says Incredible, are you sure you're talking about the nexus?:D

Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Here let me make this easier for you. Go to your browser. You see your address bar? We're talking about the two buttons next to it. The tabs and menu (3 vertical dots) button. Hit the tabs button and you'll get to a window with all your windows/tabs open where you can close them individually

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
cleevis

cleevis

Reaction score
Sorry guys, not trying to come across as being a jerk. It was late and id had a few and this was driving me nuts. The incredible has been on a shelf for a little over a week. I've found be holding a finger at either side of the screen opens a half moon shaped tab that allows several options including closing windows. Still not able to duplicate the top of your screen. Neither can my gf . I don't know why. Instructions at clear enough.

pool_shark

Reaction score
Sorry guys, not trying to come across as being a jerk. It was late and id had a few and this was driving me nuts. The incredible has been on a shelf for a little over a week. I've found be holding a finger at either side of the screen opens a half moon shaped tab that allows several options including closing windows. Still not able to duplicate the top of your screen. Neither can my gf . I don't know why. Instructions at clear enough.

You have the quick controls enabled.
On quick controls the tabs button is the one at the top of the circle.

Se7enLC

Reaction score
The incredible has been on a shelf for a little over a week. Still not able to duplicate the top of your screen. Neither can my gf . I don't know why. Instructions at clear enough.

Well no wonder! This is the Samsung Galaxy Nexus sub-forum! We all assumed you had a Galaxy Nexus!

pool_shark

Reaction score
Well no wonder! This is the Samsung Galaxy Nexus sub-forum! We all assumed you had a Galaxy Nexus!

It says the incredible has been on the shelf.
I assume that means they aren't using it anymore.