closing multiple windows all at once

roach

Reaction score
Is there a way to close five windows at once,now I have been closing them one by one,I was hoping the update would of corrected that.
Thank's

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I assume you mean close all open / running apps at once? No way that I know of on a Droid phone, you have to close them one at a time. It is a pretty quick swipe to close though.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
That's a moto thing. My Samsung has a close all option. Nothing I can think of to change that aside from root or a rom. Maybe a different launcher but I doubt it.

Sent from my Note 4

OP
roach

roach

Reaction score
well that sucks one at a time is no big deal but you would of thought it would of been in the upgrade.
Thanks guys

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I think the older Droids had a Close All option, but could be mistaken? Since Moto has gone more vanilla Android since 2013, it's just not part of Moto's Android. Maybe stock Android doesn't have that option either? Like GoCliffGo05 posted, it is a Samsung option, my Sammy work phone has it.

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
I believe that with the older phones, turning the phones off and back on, restarts, and cache partition clears, cleared the recent app cards. With my Moto phones I don't ever remember a clear all button.

Sent from my Moto Droid Turbo 2 using Tapatalk.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Here's the thing...for all the talk of "Multitasking"... Android still, really and truly, does not do TRUE multitasking. Those recent snapshots are pretty much that: just snapshots. They are not 'running in the background'.

Example: Open Chrome. Navigate to a page. Switch to something else. Switch to something else. Pull up recents. Go back to Chrome. Notice how the page actually RELOADS. EVERY time.

Yes, you can synch to Dropbox listen to music and surf the web. But 90% of those RECENT apps, if not more, are not actually RUNNING. This is not unique to Android. iPhones are almost exactly the same. The difference:
Apple even publicly admitted it. Closing those does NOT speed up your phone. If you think it does...placebo. ;)

Closing all of your apps doesn't actually save your iPhone's battery

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yup. They go into a "suspended" state so they're faster to reload if/when you go back to them. Closing them down in the recents menu actually makes it take more resources to completely reload the app instead of just bringing it back from suspended state (and in Chrome's case, refreshing the page to ensure that you've got the most recent version loaded).

OP
roach

roach

Reaction score
yes the older droids did have that option and to bad they took it out,there will be times i forget and i could have 25 open windows.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
And as we just explained, it really has no effect on your device. That's why Google dumped it.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Rebooting always clears them quickly for me.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Reboot a Turbo2...and they're all still there.

Same way when I had a Turbo. Don't remember when that changed, Droid Maxx? Or even farther back?