Closing aplications, browser ect

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by brian315, Mar 19, 2012.

1. brian315

brian315 New Member

What is the proper method of closing an application and the browser? I am very restricted on data on my plan and need to know how to shut down data asap after using the browser or any data hogging app.
  2. doogald

doogald Member

Probably the easiest thing is to install this widget (Data Enabler Widget) onto a home screen - one tap and it will disconnect you from all data services.
  3. brian315

brian315 New Member

Thank you, now how in the world do I configure my phone to download apps or send them from google play to my phone via wifi?
  4. doogald

doogald Member

1. Make sure that you are connected to a WiFi hotspot.
    2. Install from the web site, or use the Play Store on the phone

The phone will always use a WiFi connection if there is one. If you want to be sure, from home, do menu->settings->Battery & Data Manager->Data Delivery. Turn off "Data enabled" (this is what the widget will do without going through all of the menus after you install it.)

Also, in settings->Battery & Data Manager->Data Saver - turn Data Saver on. This will queue market downloads until you connect to WiFi (as well as large email attachments, photo uploads/downloads, and browser downloads.)
  5. brian315

brian315 New Member

I tried to do that, went to google play on phone and tried to install the widget, for some reason it wont work, I tried from the play app on phone while on a wifi connection also but the play app asks me to enable background data. My browser works great on wifi, I'm stuped as to why I cant get apps to my phone through it. Will background data be transfered over the mobile network or over wifi?
  6. doogald

doogald Member

Have you tried installing from the web site (I mean on a PC browser)?

From here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/...sMSwxLDEsImNvbS5mYXJwcm9jLmRhdGEuZW5hYmxlciJd

You have to be logged in to the same Google account on your phone. After you do that, there is an "Install" button on the left, where it will verify that it is compatible with your device, and then, after a few minutes, the app should be installed on your phone. You do need background data enabled for this work on WiFi, yes. The phone will always uses WiFi data over mobile network when you have an active WiFi connection.
Search tags for this page
droid browser keeps closing
google play needs background data to be enabled droid razr
google play needs background data to be enabled s4
google play store background data

google play store needs background data to be enabled

how do i enable background data for google play store
play store enable background data
s4 background data needs to enabled