Close All Function

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S3' started by McKealty, Jan 9, 2014.

1. McKealty

McKealty New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I was wondering if its possible to create a shortcut to the "Close All" functionality one uses one long pressing the Home key.

Its not vital importance but it would be a very nice convenience to have the ability to narrow it down to simply one button.

2. leeshor

leeshor Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,676
    Just hold the power button until it restarts. Everything will be clean as a whistle.

3. McKealty

McKealty New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm, I don't think that's what I mean. What I'm talking about is when you long press the HOME key, and a list is shown off all running applications.

You can then click to close one or to close all. I don't want to reboot the phone, I'm just wondering if there is a shortcut that I can place on a screen to close all background processes.

In the same manner that I can have a shortcut to my volume controls, for example.

4. rudywilliams

rudywilliams Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto G 4 Plus
    There are several apps available in the App Store if you search: "close all apps." I haven't tried any of them, but it might be interesting.

5. leeshor

leeshor Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,676
    What you are seeing there is NOT a list of running applications. It is a list of most recently used applications, (MRUs) even though a few may in fact be running, usually by necessity. Most are like shortcuts and not doing any harm. Some may be cleared from the list by a simple swipe but since they are not a list of "running" apps you probably don't really need to do anything. But a restart will clear it all.

6. rudywilliams

rudywilliams Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto G 4 Plus
    By coincidence I just had an incoming call and the screen froze and I couldn't answer. I couldn't do much of anything and was about to take off the otter box and pull the battery. Then I hit the home key and closed the apps there and was then able to restart without taking off the otter box. All I need to do now is figure out which app was misbehaving, probably Real Time GPS Tracker.

Search tags for this page

android close all function