Clone my Droid X

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by tucansam, Nov 20, 2012.

1. tucansam

tucansam New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My Droid X is having issues. A friend of mine just upgraded to another phone and have me her old Droid X. I need to call Verizon to activate the new phone, but before I do, I was wondering if there is a way to essentially "clone" my current phone. I have backed up my SMS messages and contacts, but I'd like to back up emails, all phone settings, etc. I'd *love* to be able to transfer apps over, but I can live with downloading the ones I actually use again if need-be. More concerned that I set this phone up (desktop icons and screens, etc) in a particular way two years ago, and I've become totally used to it, and I'd like my new phone to basically be an exact copy of my old...

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

2. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,670
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    Your apps are tied to your google account. Your settings for each app can be saved through another app called Titanium Backup, but you will need to be rooted.

Setting it up the way you want it, you'll have to do that manually. The good thing is you can have your old X in front of you while you configure the new one.

3. tjk629

tjk629 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +65
    Current Phone Model:
    NEXUS 6
    You can actually have settings be backed up to your google account, and it backs up A LOT.

Search tags for this page
cloaning my droid x
cloneing briod
cloning droid

cloning droid x

como identificar motorola x clon
how to clone a android phone

how to clone a droid razr

how to clone a droid x

how to clone a droid x 2 phone
is my verizon android cloned