clockworld mod recovery boot on bionic

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by fucco, Sep 23, 2011.

1. fucco

fucco Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Now the clockworld mod recovery is available for the bionic does anyone know how to get into the clockworld recovery upon boot. I am looking to get into clocworld recovery in case i encouter a boot loop. As of now i can only due a nandroid restore if the phone is up and running and go into rom manager. This will not help if i can not boot up the phone some day.

2. fucco

fucco Member

Ratings:
    +0
    anyone

also i noticed rom manager does its back ups to the internal storage which is stupid considering i have a sd card. Anyone figure out how to switch this over. There is not setting for backup location. I also learned that automatic backup resets itself everytime you reboot the phone.

#2 fucco, Sep 24, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  3. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Fucco,

It is my understanding that what you posted is correct, and just a limitation of having a loocked bootloader. The recovery uses the 2nd.init bypass which only happens with a normal boot. So as I understand it, right now you would have to rsd light the fzx file and then restore your nandroid. I presume the fzx would wipe the internal sd, so right now you you may want to manually move a copy of your back-up to sd-ext. A couple of folks have confirmed this is the way you have to do things in the event of a soft brick. Things may change with Rom manager and possibly with CVPC's recovery, but as it stands right now I think this is what we have. In my years with the D1 I got spoiled by having my nandroids from recovery (boot), but it is what it is.

It is my guess that as more phones come out with the sd and sd-ext, we will see some changes with the recoveries that we have to deal with this. I do know that with CVPC's "unofficial" recovery, the back-ups are stored on sd-ext, so perhaps the official one will also do so. Just a guess. And both recoveries will install and work on the phone at the same time.

Craig

4. Zregnier

Zregnier Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I agree with this as well. Another thing to think about is that TiBu backups are saved on the internal SD as well. Luckily there is a setting to save them where you want. Everyone should check their setting!

5. AdamPA1006

AdamPA1006 Member

Ratings:
    +11
  6. AdamPA1006

AdamPA1006 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Where should I be saving it? Im confused

7. wseyller

wseyller Member

Ratings:
    +9
    I believe the only difference is that the Koush guy signed off on it. With a bootstrap workaround you can't boot directly into it. So if you get a boot loop them fxz is the only fix.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Search tags for this page
droid bionic custom recovery boot into
how to activate clockworld mod

how to boot bionic into recovery

repair bionic sd card boot loop bypass.