clockworkmod won't install any custom roms

droid2501

Reaction score
Clockworkmod 2.5.0.8 is not working for me. I tried to install CM7 and MIUI but clockworkmod will not not open the zip files. It just keeps saying that it cannot open the zip file and aborts the installation. I am running system version 4.5.602.MB810 official on my Droid X. It is rooted and I installed the Droid2bootstrap app. What am I doing wrong?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Have you tried using ROM Manager to flash the newer version of CWM? I believe it is 5.0.2.0.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Also it is important to make sure you are trying to flash the correct versions of those ROMs. There are ones that need to be flashed while you are running gingerbread, in your case you need these.

debrad0307

Reaction score
Once you get ROM manager you need to uninstall bootstrap since ROM manager will reboot you into recovery itself.

Sent from my DROIDX

leftspin

Reaction score
Once you get ROM manager you need to uninstall bootstrap since ROM manager will reboot you into recovery itself.

Sent from my DROIDX

you don't need to uninstall bootstrap, nothing bad will happen if you leave the app installed. That also has nothing to do with the problem, the issue here is that CWM won't flash zip files correctly.

It sounds like you're trying to install Froyo kernel versions of the ROMs, I would try fresh downloads of the latest versions of all the ROMs you want to install, and flashing the latest CWM Recovery from ROM Manager over WiFi