ClockWorkMod Refuses to install

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by seanzy13, Jun 20, 2010.

1. seanzy13

seanzy13 New Member

I am attemping to install clockworkmod recovery onto my Droid, however I keep getting this message saying "An Error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands!"

I'm trying to install this thru rom manager, which seems a little buggy. Does anyone have a link or information on how I can install clockworkmod recovery WITHOUT rom manager? I have no desire to use rom manager, just want clockworkmod recovery instead of sprecovery.

EDIT: I should also add that I'm running Bugless Beast v1.1 right now, and it is rooted by default.
  2. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

Clockwork is only needed for ROM Manager. If you don't want to use ROM Manager, why use clockwork?

Sprecovery has far less issues anyhow. I'd said that would be your best bet.
  3. seanzy13

seanzy13 New Member

I prefer clockworkmod because I wish to have different files on my SD card at all times that I could install. More specifically, kernels, so that if one isn't working in a certain situation I can change it if I want to. SPrecovery only allows me to install update.zip, but I wish to be able to install any .zip not just update.zip
  4. him

him New Member

You have to go into settings and elect manual overide. That will get clockwork installed. Than reboot and after that you should be able to upgrade.
  5. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

Valid reason. Thanks for explaining.
  6. seanzy13

seanzy13 New Member

I just tried this, but from what I can see the option "manual flash overide" only unlocks the features of rom manager before flashing clockworkmod recovery. When I reboot and attempt to flash clockworkmod recovery again, I still get the same error message I was getting before. I'm sure there has to be a way to manually flash clockworkmod recovery just like how I did sprecovery, but I can't seem to find it.
  7. skourg3

skourg3 New Member

It sounds like ROM Manager isn't getting SU permissions. Have you checked your Superuser Permissions app to make sure ROM Manager is listed in their as having root permissions? Could also maybe try a fix_permissions, though I don't think that is the issue.

If neither of those work, I remember someone else looking for a manual CWR install (either here or on CyanogenMod forums), but I can't seem to find the thread at the moment, so I don't know if a response ever showed up. If it was on the CM forums it might have been before they crashed awhile back. I realize that doesn't help much; if nothing else, though, you aren't the only one looking for a manual way to do this.
  8. cydetrakd

cydetrakd New Member

just got to flash recovery like ten times in a row and click on motorla droid cmda or whatever it says over and over and it will fix itself out. I was on jrummy's froyo but had to try out the new cm since overall it is the best rom for my droid. I really missed Cm's technique of apps2sd hopefully when source of froyo drops he still implements his way of apps2sd cause with every froyo rom i can only install less than half of my paid apps luckily its all backed up as long its purchased.
Search tags for this page
clockworkmod recovery an error occurred while flashing your
flash clockworkmod recovery manually xt912
install clockworkmod xt912

status 6 clockworkmod