1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

ClockworkMod nandroid backup filenames

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by mkowske, Mar 18, 2011.

1. mkowske

mkowske New Member

Hi.. new here and new to the Android world. When I first got my phone a few days ago I did a full backup through the clockworkmod boot manager and later moved it off my phone onto my computer to free up space. I renamed it to something logical so I knew what it was.

Now I just caught a few threads.. something about your SHOULD NOT rename that file or it won't be able to restore. Is this true? Is there anyway for me to get my phone back to stock now that I don't have the original backup filename?
  2. Brennan_Huber

Brennan_Huber Theme Developer Theme Developer

I have rename mine through ROM manager just because it was a pain figuring which was which. I have had no trouble restoring backups though. I don't know if it being with ROM manager makes a difference bit I don't think it should.
    Just thought I'd give some type of help.

Sent from my DROIDX
  3. louy99

louy99 New Member

I have renamed mine through rom manager, the file manager app and on pc and have never had a problem. Just be sure you leave no spaces or your phone won't backup.

Sent from my DROID2
  4. mountaineerndixie

mountaineerndixie New Member

I have always just added a 4letter prefix to mine and have never had an issue. I now use Raidzero recovery and do the same thing.

Seeing how "rename" is a menu option under "Manage Backups" in Rom Mgr. that would seem to suggest it should be ok.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  5. jawonder

jawonder New Member

Just make sure there's no space between the words, letters , or whatever you use when rename it .
  6. tribbey

tribbey New Member

i rename my back ups using rom manager if i spread the word apart i put a _ in the spaces works for me

i think it does that anyways when you rename it but i could be wrong
  7. jawonder

jawonder New Member

The under slash is ok because it takes up that space but if there's an empty space when try to restore your backup you are gonna get an error and if you try to restore that backup from Rom Manager it tells you that rom manager can't restore the back because there's a space between the letters. Happen to me when i just started doing these stuff.
Search tags for this page
clockworkmod nandroid file names
file name for nandroid backups
how to rename clockwork mod nandroid backups
is it safe to rename my clockworkmod backups?

nandroid backup filename

nandroid backup where is the file
ok to rename clockworkmod backups
perform nandroid restore on clockworkmod
rename clockworkmod backups
smanager could not rename file gs4