Clockworkmod and ext partition backup

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by diesburg, Jul 15, 2011.

1. diesburg

diesburg New Member

Is it possible for clockworkmod recovery to backup my ext partition when doing backups? I am using the latest 3.1.x.x version of CWM and sd-ext is not an option to m ount in mount options in recovery and it doesnt backup the sd-ext partition when I do backups. Do I need a different version of recovery? If so, what version and what types of ext (2/3/4) are supported for backup.
  2. spc_hicks09

spc_hicks09 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

I'm using 3.1.0.0 and see no option for backing up ext partitions. Pretty sure it's not available on CWM. However, this is the only recovery I use so I have no idea of any other recoveries having that option. Sorry I couldn't be of much help but I just wanted to confirm what you were saying. Hope you find an answer though!
  3. diesburg

diesburg New Member

Thanks for the reply. I figured it out now. When using 3.1.0.2 it didn't have options to mount the sd-ext and it didn't back it up. But I tried 2.5.0.1 which is the recovery ROM Manager installs by default unless you choose a different one. 2.5.0.1 has sd-ext mount option and it also backed it up when doing a nandroid backup. Not sure if it matters but my partition is EXT3, so 2.5.0.1 backs up at least ext3 partition. ext2/4 ? I like the 3.1.0.2 colors and the whole thing better, mainly because the touch sensitive buttons work with it and not 2.5 so with 2.5 I have to open the keyboard to go back. But anyways, why in the hell would a newer version of CWM have less features? Because I definitely consider sd-ext backup a really useful feature, without it, if I wanted a backup of it, I would have to go through the inconvenience of using linux and the pc to back it up and restore it.
Search tags for this page
android partition types 2ext 3ext 4ext

backup ext partition android

backup ext3 partition android

clockwork mod backup file ext

clockworkmod no sd ext found

cwm recovery backup ext
cwm sd ext supported
how nandroid backup ext2 partition cwm

how to backup ext partition android

how to backup partition no sd ext found
how to backup sd partition in android