1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

**** Clockwork... why don't you stop the OTA?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by alienware777, Aug 15, 2010.

1. alienware777

alienware777 New Member

So yea I tried to make a backup like a week ago to install Froyo but Sprecovery kept freezing up. I installed RM and then clockwork to make my backup and put on froyo. I left clockwork on since my latest backup was from it. Big mistake. Now I have the fricken OTA wanting me to install it. Why the hell didn't Koush put a OTA blocker in clockwork like Sprecovery has ugh :icon_evil:
  2. B-Unit

B-Unit New Member

LOL You are confused my friend. The 'OTA Blocker' doesnt do it thing untill you have the phone reboot. As I understand it, the stock update.zip file will fail signature verification under both SPRecovery and ClockworkMod.

The ROM you are using isnt set to not notify you of updates, THAT seems to be what has you peeved.
Search tags for this page

android phone on clockword mod...how to stop ota update?