Clockwork touch

superpopmonk

Reaction score
Hi guys... I had a quick question. I'm trying to figure out how to get the clockwork mod touch recovery on my phone. I've been trying to get it from the website. I have the file downloaded but for some reason cannot get it to work. Can someone help me out?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
If you have the correct version, find Terminal Emulator on the Market. Put the file in the root of the SD card, and make a note of its name. Type in the following:

su (enter)
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery_image_name (enter)

OP
S

superpopmonk

Reaction score
lol I definitely have the correct version but I'm about to ask something that is going to sound a bit stupid... what if there is no root folder? I searched for it but it doesn't appear to be on there. Can I just make one and then put it in there? And I appreciate the help

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Are you rooted?

And by "root of the sd card" it means don't put it in a folder. They just mean to put the file in the SD card, not a specific folder in the sd card

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Make sure you follow the directions step by step. Also make sure to have the correct drivers. Awhile back I ran into some trouble putting CWM Touch and what was supposed to take 30 minutes tops, took me 3 hours to figure out. For some reason I couldn't get the correct drivers and it was driving me crazy.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
There are at least two Clockworkmod touch recoveries, both can be installed with an app. The official one can be installed with ROM Manager, this may require the paid version.

There is the alternative one, which is my preferred version. It can be installed via https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.unstableapps.cwmrtouchinstaller <-- that.

Of course, you don't need an app to install either. Installing a recovery via command line is doable as well.

OP
S

superpopmonk

Reaction score
Yeah the root of the SD card was the only thing I was confused about mainly cause of course the nexus doesn't technically have an SD card. And I'm rooted of course with the cm recovery that you can download normally through from rom manager... I just wasn't sure about the whole "root of the card". Sounds to me like I'm just supposed to make sure the file isn't in anything for easy access. That sound about right?

captdroid

Reaction score
There are at least two Clockworkmod touch recoveries, both can be installed with an app. The official one can be installed with ROM Manager, this may require the paid version.

There is the alternative one, which is my preferred version. It can be installed via https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.unstableapps.cwmrtouchinstaller <-- that.

Of course, you don't need an app to install either. Installing a recovery via command line is doable as well.

+1 to the alternative one by 'unstable apps'. Best CWM touch recovery!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yeah the root of the SD card was the only thing I was confused about mainly cause of course the nexus doesn't technically have an SD card. And I'm rooted of course with the cm recovery that you can download normally through from rom manager... I just wasn't sure about the whole "root of the card". Sounds to me like I'm just supposed to make sure the file isn't in anything for easy access. That sound about right?
Pretty much. The root of the sd card means just dropping it in the sd card, not a folder within it.

So when you open it via computer, you see a buncha folders right? That's the root of your SD card, drop the file there on or right click the file itself and hit "send to X Drive:" (by X, it could be D/E/Q/ whatever you have it when you plug in your nexus).

msearch47

Reaction score
The easiest way would be to use the GNex Toolkit......installing the ClockworkMod Touch is one of the options.